MEMPHIS --- The Tennessee State women’s track and field team turned in a number of standout performances on the final day of the Memphis Invitational on Saturday.
- Kyla Jimmar set a new personal record in the 100m hurdles in 14.24. The time earned her second place in the event on Saturday.
- The triple jump proved to be a great event for the Tigerbelles on Saturday where both Angel Horton and Cyra Beard posted season bests. Horton picked up a sixth-place finish with a mark of 12.24m, while Beard was eighth after reaching 12.14m.
- Beard also earned second in the high jump by clearing the bar at 1.70m. She was followed by Jalyn Bowen in sixth place, clearing 1.65m.
- In the 100m, Lakeia Hill’s ninth-place time of 12.24 was the best for any Tigerbelle this outdoor season.
- Mikayla Banks also posted one of her top times of the season, taking sixth place in 56.69.
- The Tigerbelles will now focus on the Ohio Valley Conference Outdoor Championship, scheduled for May 10-12 in Cookeville, Tenn.
Women’s High Jump
1.70m – Cyra Beard – 2nd Place
1.65m – Jalyn Bowen – 6th Place
Women’s Shot Put
12.91m – Mikayla Thompson – 10th Place
11.97m – Hannah Alsup – 14th Place
40.64m – Hannah Aslup – 11th Place
Women’s Triple Jump
12.24m – Angel Horton – 6th Place
12.14m – Cyra Beard – 8th Place
Women’s 4x100m Relay
46.85 – 5th Place
12.24 – Lakeia Hill – 9th Place
12.35 – Amber McCroskey – 13th Place
12.35 – Gabrielle Younginer – 14th Place
Women’s 100m Hurdles
14.24 – Kyla Jimmar – 3rd Place
Women’s 400m Hurdles
1:05.41 – Grenetria Shell – 10th Place
56.69 – Mikayla Banks – 6th Place
59.10 – Robin Treadwell – 13th Place
2:24.60 – Rebekah Wynn – 12th Place