NASHVILLE --- Sophomore Aarushi Kakkar registered the sole point for the Tennessee State women’s tennis team in Sunday morning’s 6-1 loss to Missouri State.
The Bears clinched the doubles point with victories on courts one and two, while Mackenzie Beckham and Ashia Jones matched up against the Bears’ Fati Khamissi and Alexia Meyer on court three, eventually joining the other Tiger duos, dropping the doubles match, 6-4.
Moving into singles, Kakkar cruised past Alye Darter to capture the sole TSU point of the morning, 6-4, 6-1, improving to a team best, 5-1 record in singles play this season.
In the remaining singles matches, Tennessee State managed to win at least one game, before the Bears’ surpassed Big Blue, defeating the Tigers on courts two through six.
The women’s tennis team has a short break before hosting IUPUI March 15 at 4 p.m at the Currey Tennis Center.
TENNESSEE STATE 1, Missouri State 6
- Anna Alons/Ellie Burger (MSU) def. VISHWANATH, A/KAKKAR, Aarushi (TSUW) 6-3
- Alye Darter/Mara Presot (MSU) def. NATRAJ, Pragati/SOLE, Claudia (TSUW) 6-3
- Fati Khamissi/Alexia Meyer (MSU) def. BECKHAM, Mackenzie/JONES, Ashia (TSUW) 6-4
- KAKKAR, Aarushi (TSUW) def. Alye Darter (MSU) 6-4, 6-1
- Anna Alons (MSU) def. NATRAJ, Pragati (TSUW) 7-5, 6-3
- Fati Khamissi (MSU) def. VISHWANATH, A (TSUW) 6-2, 6-3
- Ellie Burger (MSU) def. BECKHAM, Mackenzie (TSUW) 6-4, 6-0
- Clara Gand-Gonzalez (MSU) def. SOLE, Claudia (TSUW) 8-1
- Alexia Meyer (MSU) def. GANDY, Phoenix (TSUW) 8-1