|February 27, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
Tennessee State Lady Tigers
|Stats at a Glance||JSU||TSU|
|FG Percentage||.315 (23-73)||.283 (17-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.292 (7-24)||.333 (5-15)|
|FT Percentage||.526 (10-19)||.667 (6-9)|
BRONER - 2
Jessie Day - 3
WRIGHTSELL - 1
RICHARDSON - 1
BENNETT - 1
Final Score: Tennessee State 45 – Jacksonville State 63
Records: TSU (4-23, 2-15 OVC) JSU (13-15, 9-8 OVC)
Arena: Gentry Center
Location: Nashvile, Tenn.
NASHVILLE--- Despite having a lead at halftime, the Tennessee State University women’s basketball team suffered a, 63-45, loss to Jacksonville State Thursday night in the Gentry Center.
Tennessee State trailed early but battled back to take a 30-25 lead at halftime. TSU built its lead up to 34-25 in the third quarter but then the offense went cold. The Lady Tigers got outscored, 24-8, in the third period and went into the final frame down, 49-38. The home team’s struggles continued and TSU only managed to put up seven points in the fourth quarter. The Lady Tigers could never get back into a rhythm and only scored a total of 15 points in the second half.
Jaden Wrightsell led TSU in scoring with 12 points and 16 rebounds for a double-double while Deaja Richardson added 10. They were the only players to reach double-digits.
TSU shot 28.3 percent from the field and 33.3 percent from three-point range in the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Jaden Wrightsell – 12
- Rebounds: Jaden Wrightsell – 16
- Steals: Andreana Wrister– 2
- Assists: Wrightsell and Broner - 2
- TSU got outscored 26-16 in the paint.
- TSU got outrebounded 61-38
- There were two ties and five lead changes in the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- TSU had a shaky start and fell behind 10-2 but responded quickly to cut the deficit down to one.
- After 10-minutes of action the score was 16-14 in favor of Jacksonville State.
- In the second period, TSU was down 23-19 when a 5-0 spurt put the Lady Tigers on top.
- JSU regained the lead on the next play but TSU closed the frame with six unanswered points to take a 30-25 lead into halftime.
- TSU outscored JSU 16-9 in the second quarter.
- Buckets from Deaja Richardson and Jazmine Young extended TSU’s lead to 34-25 but JSU used a 9-1 rally to erase the deficit.
- The game was tied 38-38 when JSU forced a turnover and scored on the ensuing play to take the lead, 40-38.
- TSU went ice cold and sank into a 49-38 hole after JSU used a 24-4 run to take control of the game.
- The scoring struggles continued in the fourth quarter and the visitors moved ahead, 52-38.
- TSU could not get back on track and saw the game slip away.
- Jaden Wrightsell posted double-digits in scoring for the 11th time this season.
- Wrightsell notched her 7th double-double of the season.
- Jacksonville State has won seven straight vs TSU.
- Tennessee State will close out the season with a home game against Belmont on Saturday. Game time is slated for 5:30 p.m. in Gentry Center on Senior Night.