NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball program has signed 6-3 Forward Nyidier Riak to a National Letter of Intent to compete for the Lady Tigers beginning with the 2020-21 season.
Riak, a native of Melbourne, Australia, played two years at Panola College in Carthage, Texas.
“Nyidier is a young lady with so much potential,” said coach Sarah Jones. “She has the ability to give us depth at the post position and provide us with the size we have been lacking. She has good hands, a soft touch around the rim, and a good motor. She has a high ceiling because of her athleticism and working with Coach Hudson will tap into her full potential. She will bring a level of competitiveness in the post position that I’m looking forward to seeing at practice everyday.”
Nyidier Riak | 6-3 | Forward/Center | Panola College | Melbourne, Australia
- Played in 26 games while shooting 44.0 percent from the field as a sophomore.
- Pulled down 3.7 rebounds per game and averaged 3.6 points per outing.
- As a freshman, averaged 5.4 ppg and 5.0 rpg.
- Went 4-of-5 from the field and just missed a double-double with nine points and 11 rebounds vs Coastal Bend College (2/15/20).
- She helped the Fillies pick up a 12-5 record in conference games.