NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball program has added 5-8 guard Shonnyvelle Regalado to the roster.
Regalado signed a National Letter of Intent and Financial Aid agreement on Thursday and will begin playing for the Lady Tiger program during the 2020-21 season.
A native of Brooklyn, N.Y., Regalado played her sophmore campaign at Panola College in Carthage, Texas after spending one season at Delaware State.
“Shonny will be a welcomed addition to the Lady Tiger roster,” said Coach Sarah Jones. “She has the ability to score the ball in different ways, whether being a perimeter threat or her ability to penetrate other teams’ defenses and get to the rim. She also has the ability to make plays that create scoring opportunities for her teammates. I’m excited to see what her future as a Lady Tiger holds!”
Shonnyvelle Regalado| 5-8 | Guard | Panola College | Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Played one season at Panola College after transferring from Delaware State.
- Averaged 10.4 ppg during conference season and started 16 out of 18 league games.
- Started a total of 20 out of 27 contests and averaged 8.7 points per game while playing in 27 outings.
- Turned in 2.2 rebounds and 1.7 assists per outing.
- Registered double-digits in scoring in nine out the last 11 games of the season and helped Panola to a 12-5 conference record.
- Put up 27 points and six rebounds in a win vs Bossier Parish Community College.
- Finished the 2019-20 season with a total of 236 points.
- As a freshman at Delaware State, saw action in 27 games while playing 21.3 minutes per game and averaging 5.4 points per outing.
- Averaged 10.4 ppg and 5.4 rpg as a senior at Nazareth HS in Brooklyn, N.Y.