|February 21, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
TSU Lady Tigers
|Stats at a Glance||SIUEWBB||TSU|
|FG Percentage||.407 (22-54)||.393 (24-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (5-10)||.111 (2-18)|
|FT Percentage||.944 (17-18)||.385 (5-13)|
Final Score: Tennessee State 55– SIU Edwardsville 66
Records: TSU (4-23, 4-11 OVC) – SIUE (12-14, 7-8 OVC)
Venue: Gentry Center
Location: Nashville, Tenn.
NASHVILLE --- Despite getting off to a fast start, the Tennessee State University women’s basketball team dropped a, 66-55, decision to SIU Edwardsville Thursday night in the Gentry Center.
TSU led most of the contest but saw the game slip away down the stretch after getting outscored 26-13 in the final quarter.
Taylor Roberts led TSU with 14 points while Jaden Wrightsell added 13 points and nine rebounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Taylor Roberts – 14
- Rebounds: Jaden Wrightsell – 9
- Assists: Cebria Outlow – 6
- Steals: Cebria Outlow - 3
- TSU shot 2-of-18 from three-point range and 5-of-13 from the free-throw line.
- There were three ties and three lead changes in the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- TSU got off to a scorching start and jumped out to an 8-0 lead after shooting 57.1 percent to open the game.
- The Lady Tigers led 18-9 after one quarter but the Cougars used a 10-4 run to close the gap to, 22-19, in the second period.
- The score was, 30-25, in favor of TSU at halftime.
- SIUE outscored TSU, 7-4, to start the third frame and cut the deficit down to two, 34-32.
- The Cougars tied the game, 38-38, with 1:50 left in the third quarter.
- Heading into the final stanza, TSU was up, 42-0.
- The visitors took their first lead of the night, 44-43, early in the fourth and the teams traded buckets over the next several possessions.
- The score was tied at 49-all when SIUE scored seven unanswered points to capture a 56-49 advantage.
- TSU only managed to score seven points in six and a half minutes of action.
- Andreana Wrister ended TSU’s five minute scoring drought with back-to-back three-pointers to pull within one but SIUE responded with seven straight points to go up, 63-55, with 55.3 seconds remaining.
- Taylor Roberts scored in double-digits for the third consecutive game.
- Jaden Wrightsell just missed a double-double with 13 points and nine boards.
- Cebria Outlow matched her career-high in assists with six.
- TSU fell to SIUE for the third straight time in the all-time series history.
- TSU will play the final home game of the regular season on Saturday with a match-up against SIUE.