|January 19, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
TSU Lady Tigers
|Stats at a Glance||TSU||BEL|
|FG Percentage||.293 (17-58)||.491 (26-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.235 (4-17)||.304 (7-23)|
|FT Percentage||.727 (8-11)||.724 (21-29)|
WOOTEN - 4
MAGGARD - 2
SIMS - 1
Final Score: Tennessee State 46 – Belmont 80
Records: TSU (1-17, 1-5 OVC) – BU (14-3, 5-1 OVC)
Venue: Curb Event Center
Location: Nashville, Tenn.
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball team dropped an, 80-46, decision to Belmont Saturday afternoon in the Curb Event Center.
Freshman Terrysha Banner scored in double-digits for the fourth consecutive game and led TSU with 14 points. Tia Wooten added nine points and four rebounds.
Jasmine Broner recorded a season-high three steals while Banner dished out four assists.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Terrysha Banner – 14
- Rebounds: Jazmine Young and Tia Wooten – 4
- Assists: Terrysha Banner - 4
- Steals: Jasmine Broner – 3
- TSU shot 29.9 percent (17-of-58) from the field and 23.5 percent (4-of-17) from three-point range.
- From the free-throw line, TSU connected 8-of-11 (72.7 percent).
HOW IT HAPPENED
- TSU missed its first eight field goals of the game and fell behind 7-0 early.
- Tia Wooten came off the bench to score TSU’s first points of the game at the 5:29 mark.
- TSU trailed 11-2 at the first media timeout.
- Tia Wooten connected again, this time from long range, to make the score, 15-5, in favor of Belmont.
- TSU put together a spurt towards the end of the quarter and cut the deficit to seven points just before Belmont scored at the buzzer to make the score 22-13 after 10 minutes of action.
- The Lady Tigers continued to fight and closed to within four when Terrysha Banner drained a triple from the top of the key.
- The TSU offense, however, would go cold.
- The Bruins responded with six unanswered points to go back up by 10 before stretching the advantage to 33-20 moments later.
- TSU called a timeout to regroup but the offense, however, remained stagnant.
- The Lady Tigers went without a field goal for over six minutes and got outscored, 19-3, in the last 6:01 of the quarter.
- The Lady Tigers trailed, 43-23, at halftime.
- The Bruins moved ahead, 58-31, after opening the third period by outscoring TSU 15-8.
- TSU trailed, 67-37, heading into the final frame.
- Terrysha Banner scored in double-digits for the fourth straight game.
- TSU dropped its eighth straight to Belmont.
- TSU got outscored, 34-14, in the paint.
- TSU will make the short trip to face Austin Peay on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 5:30 p.m. in Clarksville.