NASHVILLE --- Head Coach Donika Sutton announced the 2020 Tennessee State volleyball schedule on Thursday. Due to the ongoing global health pandemic, the Ohio Valley Conference has altered the fall schedule to include conference-only matches with each member school's season beginning Friday, Sept. 18.
The schedule includes 16 matches, 12 matches shy of the usual 28, and features double-header weekends. To ensure the health and safety of the teams as well as minimize travel, teams will now play the same opponent on Friday and Saturday of each competition week.
Each team will have a BYE week with regular-season competition set to end Nov. 14.
The conference tournament will take place over two days at the top-seeded team Nov. 20-21, hosting only four schools for a semifinal and championship round.
The NCAA Tournament is set to begin Dec. 3.
Season Opener: Sept. 18 at Murray State at Racer Arena in Murray, Ky.
Home Opener: Sept. 25 vs. Austin Peay at Kean Hall
OVC Tournament: Nov. 20-21 at No.1 Seed [Top 4 Teams]
BY THE NUMBERS
16 Regular Season Games
8 Home Games
8 Road Games
2020 TSU VOLLEYBALL SCHEDULE
- Sept.18 - at Murray State
- Sept. 19 - at Murray State
- Sept. 25 - vs. Austin Peay
- Sept. 26 - vs. Austin Peay
- Oct. 2 - at Eastern Illinois
- Oct. 3 at Eastern Illinois
- Oct 9 - vs. Jacksonville State
- Oct. 10 - vs. Jacksonville State
- Oct. 16 - at Morehead State
- Oct. 17 - at Morehead State
- Oct. 23-24 - BYE
- Oct. 30 - vs. Tennessee Tech
- Oct. 31 - vs. Tennessee Tech
- Nov. 6 - at Belmont
- Nov. 7 - at Belmont
- Nov. 13 - vs. Eastern Kentucky
- Nov. 14 - vs. Eastern Kentucky