|September 20, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
Arkansas Pine Bluff
- 23||Assists||GARCIA GUERRIOS
GARCIA GUERRIOS - 1
LOLOTAI - 1
MARSHALL - 1
- 18||Digs||RIVERA ORTIZ
NASHVILLE, TENN. --- Tennessee State won the match against University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff 3-1 (13-25, 25-16, 25-17, 25-17) in Kean Hall on Sept. 20.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Aniya Williams and Kendall Bullock both had eight kills, leading the Tigers offensively.
- Gina Rivera-Ortiz led the match woth 20 digs.
- Sofia Garcia-Guerrios assisted 21 times.
- The Golden Lions took an early lead with a kill from Savione Usoro and Zyaire Garrit.
- Two attack errors on Tennessee State gave UAPB a four-point advantage.
- Julia Pierson with a kill tried to keep the Tigers in the set.
- UAPB kept gaining points against TSU due to errors on Tennessee State and kills from Kaila Robinson.
- After two aces for Bri-Anna Armstrong and an eight-point lead, the Tigers gained some momentum with a kill from Khalia Jordan.
- Usoro with her second kill and Darynne Bicker's first kill won the match for Arkansas Pine Bluff 25-13.
- Aria Holmes with her second kill of the match and two errors on UAPB gave the Tigers a head start.
- Jasmine Fuqua and Kariely Santana-Delgado with kills kept the scoredboard in TSU's favor.
- With a four-point lead, Holmes drilled a kill into the Golden Lion's defense.
- Satana-Delgado with two more kills gave the Tigers a 12-point advantage.
- Williams drilled two kills into Arkansas Pine Bluff's defense which hyped the Tigers up.
- With her fifth kill of the match, Williams won the set for the Tigers, 25-16.
- Two errors on TSU and a kill from Bullock kept the set tied.
- But a kill from Garrit took the lead for the Golden Lions.
- Williams with a kill got Big Blue back into the set and a kill from Santana-Delgado tied it up.
- A block asssist for Armstrong and Bickers kept UAPB in the lead.
- Fuqua with a kill tied the set up and took the lead with another kill.
- An attack error on UAPB, a block assist from Holmes and Fuqua and Bullock's fourth kill of the match gave the Tigers a three-point lead.
- Pierson with her third kill of the match, TSU took the set 25-17.
- Kills from Pierson, Fuqua and Kiara Hill took the scoreboard for TSU.
- The Golden Lions squeezed it's way back into the set but a kill from Pierson kept Big Blue on top.
- Fuqua with her eigth kill of the match gave Tennessee State a four-point advantage.
- Holmes with a solo block secured the set for TSU, not allowing UAPB over the net.
- Gomez tried to keep Arkansas Pine Bluff in the set with a kill but TSU pulled ahead to a seven-point lead with a service error on UAPB.
- An attack error on the Golden Lions gave Tennessee State the match, 25-17.
- Tennessee State's record is now 7-6.
The Tigers will travel to Richmond, Ky. to play in it's first conference match against Eastern Kentucky. The match will take place Sept. 27 at 6 p.m. in Alumni Coliseum.