NASHVILLE --- Tennessee State volleyball has added three student-athletes to the 2019 roster announced head coach Donika Sutton.
One junior college transfer in Teuila Lolotai (Laie, Hawaii) and two freshmen in Kennedi Moore (Warner Robins, Ga.) and Kiara Hill (Detroit, Mich.) joins six - two outside hitters, two setters, a middle blocker and a right side.
Setter | 5-5
Laie, Hawaii | Arizona Western College
"Teuila “Te” is coming in as a triple threat," said Sutton. "She has a defensive mindset and is loyal to her role & responsibility as a leader on the court. She makes her hitters work. Te is two-time state champion and led her team to the 2018 Regional and Conference Championship. With this abundance of experience we are happy to have Te. She knows the expectations and has accepted the role to lead our offense and dominate on defense! Welcome to Tiger Volleyball Teuila!"
AT ARIZONA WESTERN
- Served as captain as she led the team to become region and conference champions
- Posted 640 assists, 248 digs and 22 service aces in her sophomore season
- Named best setter in the state two times in-a-row
- Served as captain on her repeat state champion team
- Became the Arctic Winter Games Champions
DS/Outside Hitter | 5-7
Warner Robins, Ga. | Houston County HS
"Kennedi comes to us from A5 South and we are happy to have her on board," said Sutton. "She was recruited as a defensive specialist and will also add depth to the outside position as well. Kennedi is a legacy recruit with both parents being alumni of TSU, so she knows the standard and will take pride in wearing blue. Welcome to Tiger Volleyball Kennedi!"
- Named Most Valuable Player as a Senior
- Served as captain on both her club and high school teams
- Awarded All-Area First Team in her final two years of high school
- Named GACA All-Star
- Maintained a 3.9 GPA throughout school
- Inducted into the National Honor Society
- Participated in the Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy and Warner Robins Youth Leadership Academy
Middle Blocker | 5-9
Detroit, Mich. | Bob Jones HS (Madison, Ala.)
"Kiara is an aggressive and dynamic MB from Bob Jones High. She will bring depth at MB and potentially the OPP position. Kiara is disciplined and dominating as a blocker so she will work well in our system, adding speed to our offense and defense. Welcome to Tiger Volleyball, Kiara!"
- Named 7A Second-Team All-State
- Recorded 115 kills (1.9 per set) on a .221 hitting percentage, 59 blocks (1.0 per set) and 11 digs (0.2 per set)
- Helped her team to the state championship as a junior
- Played club for NASA 171