RESULTS: ROUND 3
Event 5: Grover Page Classic
Hosted by: UT Martin
Location: Jackson, Tenn.
Course: Jackson Country Club
Details: Par-72, Yardage – 6,776
Weather at Start of Round 3: 59, Partly Sunny
Place After Round 3: 8th of 9 (+80)
Top 5 Teams:
|2.||Indian Hills CC||300-301-299=900||+36|
JACKSON, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State men’s golf team fired a 24-over, 312, for the second consecutive round to close out the Grover Page Classic. The Tigers placed eighth, finishing ahead of Alabama A&M by 61 strokes.
Lane Hooper bounced back on day two and led the Tigers with a 1-over, 73 on Tuesday. Hooper carded back-to-back birdies on holes No. 5 and No. 6, just missing an eagle on the par-4, 6th. Kamren James scored for TSU with a 3-over, 75, and was joined by Landon Albert and Tyler Woods.
Allen Stokes finished with an 85 on Tuesday, a stroke ahead of John Stokes who played as an individual.
The Tigers will compete in the three-day, 54-hole Bobby Nichols Intercollegiate in Sieverville, Tenn. beginning on Sunday, Mar. 15.
Landon Albert (77-78-81=236)
- Made 11 pars during the final round
- Carded a birdie on the par-4, 1st; his lone birdie of the day
- Made 30 pars total over three rounds
Kamren James (83-80-76=239)
- Registered with 14 pars over the final 18 holes
Tyler Woods (78-79-82=239)
- Posted 10 pars on Tuesday
- He put together a streak of 10 pars during an 11 hole stretch
Lane Hooper (82-75-73=230)
- Hit 9-of-14 fairways on the day
- Found 10-of-18 greens during the final round
- Made 11 pars during round three and made three birdies
- Finished with 10 birdies on the tournament, three behind the leader of the tournament
Allen Stokes (90-91-85=266)
- Made eight pars on Tuesday
- Six of his eight pars came on the front nine
John Stokes (80-86-86=252)
Leaderboard (58 Golfers)
1. George Kneiser (Green Bay) 68-68-73=209, -7
T26. Lane Hooper 82-75-73=230, +14
T33. Landon Albert 77-78-81=236, +20
T42. Tyler Woods 78-79-82=239, +23
T42. Kamren James 83-80-76=239, +23
T51. John Stokes 80-86-86=252, +36
58. Allen Stokes 90-91-85=266, +50