Event 3: Skyhawk Fall Classic
Hosted by: UT Martin
Location: Buchanan, Tenn.
Course: Paris Landing State Park
Details: Par-72, Yardage – 6,685
Weather at Start of Round 1: 72, Mostly Sunny
Weather at Start of Round 2: 93, Mostly Sunny
Place After Round 1: 12th of 13 (+32)
Place After Round 2: 11th of 13 (+42)
Top 5 Teams:
BUCHANAN, Tenn. --- Landon Albert posted the low score of the Skyhawk Fall Classic on Monday to grab a share of the lead after two rounds. Albert fired a 4-under, 68, in the afternoon session to pair with his 1-over, 73, in the morning to enter the clubhouse tied with Butler’s Michael Cascino at 3-under.
The transfer highlighted his day with an Eagle on the Par-5, 16th. Albert reached the green in two after a 3-wood off the box left him 210 yards to the green. The Hendersonville, Tenn., product followed with a 5-iron to 15 feet of the cup. Albert drained the downhill breaker to move to 4-under for the round. The senior finished the round with back-to-back pars.
Albert scored in both rounds for the Tigers, along with Kamren James and Allen Stokes. Lane Hooper posted a countable score for the Tigers in round one, while Tyler Woods bounced back after a rough start to score for the Big Blue in the afternoon.
Stokes scored in the first two rounds of a tournament for the first time in his inaugural campaign with the Tigers. His first birdie of the day came on hole-16 as he used a 3-wood for his first two shots, falling short of the green. Stokes dropped his chip shot from 38 yards away to four feet of the pin before making the putt on his fourth shot. On 18, Stokes crushed the drive off the tee box with a fade over the trees and onto the fairway, leaving 118 yards. His second shot landed six feet from the hole for the birdie.
In the second round, Stokes recorded just one birdie. After a bogey on No. 7, the freshman responded with a 6 iron from 183 yards out on a downhill and downwind play to 20 feet of the flag. Stokes sank the downhill putt to get back to Even.
The Tigers are 11th in the field of 13 as they enter Tuesday’s final round. TSU moved up one spot from the first round by cutting 22 strokes off its morning score.
Day Two: The final round will take place on Tuesday with a Shotgun Start at 8:30 a.m. CT. The forecast calls for a high of 93.
Landon Albert (73-68=141)
- Hit 13-of-14 fairways in the second round, opposed to seven in the first
- Found 13 greens in each of the first two sessions
- Used 30 putts in the morning and 28 in the afternoon
- Carded 14 pars and two birdies during round one
- In the second round, made an eagle, four birdies and 12 pars
Kamren James (79-72=151)
- Hit 11-of-14 fairways through the first 18 holes
- Hit all but one fiarway (13-of-14) during the second set of 18
- Needed 33 putts in the morning and 30 in the afternoon
- Had eight pars in the first round and followed with 13 in the second
- Finished the day with five birdies, two in the first and three in the second
Tyler Woods (88-80=168)
- Finished with seven pars in the first round
- Posted nine pars in round two
- Scored two birdies in the morning and another in the afternoon
Lane Hooper (83-81=164)
- Hit five fairways in each of the first two rounds
- Found eight greens in the morning session
- Found nine greens in the afternoon
- Carded 11 pars in the first round and 10 in the second
- Recorded a birdie in the second round on the Par-5, 7th
- Used a 7-iron from 215 yards out to reach the green in two
- Missed 20-foot putt for eagle
- Tapped in for birdie
Allen Stokes (85-78=163)
- Made two birdies and only three pars in round one
- Bounced back with 11 pars in the afternoon and one birdie
Leaderboard (79 Golfers)
T1. Michael Cascino (Butler) 72-69=141, -3
T1. Landon Albert 73-68=141, -3
T31. Kamren James 79-72=151, +7
T64. Allen Stokes 85-78=163, +19
T67. Lane Hooper 83-81=164, +20
74. Tyler Woods 88-80=168, +24