Event 2: The EKU Intercollegiate sponsored by Raising Cane's
Hosted by: Eastern Kentucky
Location: Richmond, Ky.
Course: University Club at Arlington
Details: Par-70, Yardage – 6,623
Weather at Start of Round 3: 73, Mostly Sunny
Live Scoring: GolfStat
Place After Round 3: 12th of 12 (+71)
Top 5 Teams:
RICHMOND, Ky. --- The Tennessee State men's golf team finished play at the EKU Intercollegiate on Sunday afternoon. The Tigers posted their best round of the tournament as a team with a 298. The Big Blue was one of four teams in the field of 12 to cut strokes each round.
Northern Kentucky claimed the team title with an Even, 840. UT Martin finished second, seven strokes back of the title.
The Tigers were paced by a pair of 1-over, 71's by transfer Landon Albert and freshman Lane Hooper. The final round saw Albert cut 13 strokes off his previous round, while Hooper chopped 11 strokes.
Kamren James and Tyler Woods posted countable scores for the Tigers on Sunday. Freshman Allen Stokes missed out on the scoring for Tennessee State in the final round. Stokes highlighted his day by saving par on No. 15 with a chip that just missed holing out, setting up a tap-in for the par.
Day Two: The Tigers will return to action on Sept. 30 at the Skyhawk Classic. The two-day, 54 hole event is hosted by UT Martin.
Landon Albert (75-84-71=230)
- Made 11 pars on the final day
- Carded three birdies
Kamren James (76-72-75=223)
- Found 13 greens during the final round
- Used 34 putts on Sunday
- Carded nine pars and two birdies
Tyler Woods (77-73-81=231)
- Finished the final round with nine pars
- Made one birdie during Sunday’s play
Lane Hooper (80-82-71=233)
- Hit eight fairways in the third round
- Found 13 greens on the final day
- Played the Par-5s at 2-under for the tournament
- The result was the fourth best over three rounds
- Led the Tigers with three birdies over the final 18 holes
- Made 12 pars on Sunday
Allen Stokes (89-78-83=250)
- Hit eight fairways and seven greens in round three
- Used 37 putts on the day
- Finished the final round with six pars
Leaderboard (74 Golfers)
T1. Joseph Clark (Northern Kentucky) 69-70-69=208, -2
T1. Avery Green (Northern Kentucky) 74-68-66=208, -2
T50. Kamren James 76-72-75=223, +13
T63. Landon Albert 75-84-71=230, +20
T67. Tyler Woods 77-73-81=231, +21
T70. Lane Hooper 80-82-71=233, +23
74. Allen Stokes 89-78-83=250, +40