NASHVILLE --- Head coach Brian "Penny" Collins announced Monday afternoon the addition of Georgia State transfer Josh Linder (Kathleen, Ga.) to the Tennessee State men's basketball 2020-21 roster.
Collins, in his third year, has already signed local point guard Marcus Fitzgerald, Jr., junior-college transfer Yusuf Mohamed and Canadian guard Shakwon Barrett.
"I'm excited to add a guy of Josh's caliber. He's going to bring experience, size and length to our front court. He has NCAA Tournament experience and has been a apart of winning his entire career at Georgia State. He's played under phenomenal coaches like Ron Hunter and Rob Lanier. I'm very excited to add him to the Tennessee State men's basketball 2020-2021 recruting class."
JOSH LINDER | 6-8 | 210 | F
KATHLEEN, GA. | GEORGIA STATE
- Played three seasons for the Panthers
- Appeared in 77 games over the course of his career at GSU, averaging 14.9 minutes his junior season
- Collected two double-doubles; his first at College of Charleston where he posted career highs - 19 points, 12 rebounds
- Majored in Human Development
- Blocked 17 shots, dished out 14 assists, and swiped 12 steals during his final season in Atlanta
- Earned Class AAAAA GACA All-State honors as a senior at Veterans High School after averaging more than 20 points and 10 rebounds per game
- Was ranked as high as No. 45 in the country by Future150.com, the No. 14 forward in the country and No. 3 in the state of Georgia