NASHVILLE --- A week after the official signing day, TSU men's basketball continues to build an impressive roster for the 2019-20 season. Head coach Brian "Penny" Collins announced Thursday the signing of 6-7 guard Jon Brown (Miami, Fla.).
"Jon is a special talent that brings great size and adds length to our backcourt," said Collins. "He has elite playmaking skills and an ability to guard mulitiple positions. His character and leadership will fit right into the culture we are buliding here at TSU."
Jon Brown | 6-7 | Guard | Junior in 2019-20
Miami, Fla. | Georgia Tech/SLAM Academy
- Spent freshman year at Georgia Tech before transferring to Seward County where he redshirted as a sophomore
- Earned three letters playing at Sports Leadership and Management Academy (SLAM) in Miami, Florida, averaging 28 points, 10 rebounds, 8.5 assists, 2 blocks and 2 steals per game his senior season
- Named All-State, All-District, All-Conference and Conference Most Valuable Player senior season
- Led SLAM Academy to a conference championship, while finishing 10th in the state tournament
- 2013 State Champion in Tennis
- Nephew of NBA great, Kenny Anderson who was the second pick in the 1991 draft
- Received offers from Saint Louis, Tulane, Columbia, Wofford, Dartmouth, Texas and more