|February 09, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TSUMBB||EKU|
|FG Percentage||.364 (24-66)||.382 (21-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (9-27)||.214 (3-14)|
|FT Percentage||.727 (8-11)||.882 (30-34)|
ANDERSON - 2
ROBINSON - 2
Final Score: TSU 65, EKU 75
Records: TSU (8-16, 5-7), EKU (11-14, 4-8 OVC)
Location: Richmond, Ky.
Venue: McBrayer Arena
NASHVILLE --- Junior guard Michael Littlejohn led the Tigers with 16 points, four assists and two rebounds in Saturday night’s matchup in Richmond, Kentucky as the Colonels defeated the Tennessee State men’s basketball team, 75-65.
The Tigers entered the second half down one, 32-31 after fighting for a nine-point lead with 8:12 left in the first. TSU outscored its first-half efforts 34-31, with help from Littlejohn and Kamar McKnight’s efforts in the last minute of the game; the two combined for nine points in the final 45 seconds.
The final 14 points for EKU were made from the free-throw line, pushing them to the 75-65 win over Big Blue.
TSU is now 8-16 on the season, 5-7 in the league.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Michael Littlejohn – 16
- Rebounds: Stokley Chaffee, Jr. – 8
- Assists: Micharl Littlejohn – 4
- Blocks: Emmanuel Egbuta – 2
- Steals: Tripp Davis – 2
- Eastern Kentucky scored 22 points off of TSU’s 17 turnovers.
- Ending the night with 28 personal fouls, EKU made it to double bonus in both halves.
- Eastern Kentucky shot 30-of-34 from the free throw line; TSU shot 8-of-11.
- The Colonels’ freshman guard, Jomaru Brown had a career night, scoring 30 points for EKU, while Nick Mayo grabbed 12 boards.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey blocked a Jomaru Brown layup, returning it for the first three-pointer of the night.
- TSU grabbed the lead and held it for 11:23, before a three-point shot by Carmical put the Colonels up 30-28 with two minutes left in the half.
- With two seconds on the shot clock, DFD pulled up for a trey and sunk the second of the night.
- Big Blue finished the half down one, 31-32.
- Tripp hit the first shot of the half, a three-pointer from the corner.
- Michael Littlejohn drove through the lane for three-point play, 51-57, decreasing EKU’s lead to six.
- Littlejohn and McKnight combined for nine points in the final minute of the game.
- TSU is now 30-35 in the all-time series against the Colonels.
- When down at the half, TSU is 2-14.
- Nick Mayo was issued a flagrant foul.
- Emmanuel Egbuta fouled out with 7:40 left in the game. Stokley Chaffee, Jr. fouled out with 38.3 seconds left in the game.
The Tigers return home for a mid-week match against Coach Collins’ alma mater, Belmont, Thursday, Feb. 14. Tip off set for 7 p.m. in the Gentry Center.