|February 24, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TSUMBB||APSU|
|FG Percentage||.500 (25-50)||.545 (30-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.500 (13-26)||.471 (8-17)|
|FT Percentage||.440 (11-25)||.700 (21-30)|
PORTER-BUNTON - 15
GIVENS - 15
TEAM - 5
HARRIS - 1
McGHEE - 1
PORTER-BUNTON - 1
Final Score: TSU 74, APSU 89
Records: TSU (5-14, 2-5 OVC), APSU (14-6, 6-1)
Venue: Winfield Dunn Center
Location: Clarksville, Tenn.
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. --- Junior-college transfer Michael Littlejohn led the Tigers for the second game in-a-row with 18 points, but co-conference leader Austin Peay pulled together a 89-74 win over the Tennessee State men’s basketball team Thursday night in the Winfield Dunn Center. The Tigers fall to 5-14 on the season, 2-5 in Ohio Valley Conference play.
Littlejohn served as just one in blue and white to score double-digits, as Armani Chaney shot a season-high 17 points, followed by Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey (DFD) with 14, Kamar McKnight with 11 and Tripp Davis 10. The last time five Tigers scored in double-digits was this year’s win over Eastern Kentucky.
Fitzpatrick-Dorsey also led the Tigers in rebounds, his third time this season, second in-a-row, marking a season average of 4.9 rebounds per game. Chaney dished out four assists to tie for the game lead and bring his 249th assist of his career, 57th of the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Littlejohn - 18
- Rebounds: Fitzpatrick-Dorsey - 5
- Assists: Chaney - 4
- Steals: Davis - 4
- Blocks: Fitzpatrick-Dorsey – 1
- TSU’s bench outscored Austin Peay’s 43-17.
- The Govs capitalized off of Tennessee State’s 19 turnovers, producing 20 points.
- Big Blue shot its lowest free throw percentage of the season going 11-of-25, 44 percent, its lowest of the season. Ten shots from the charity stripe were missed in the first half.
- TSU shot 50 percent from the floor, including a 13-of-26 effort from three-point distance – its highest of the season from beyond the arc.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Reverse layup Stokley Chaffee, Jr. put TSU on the board.
- Chaney ties it at 5.
- Kamar McKnight warms up the two-minute TSU scoring freeze with a jumper.
- TSU had four personal fouls called before the Govs had one, four minutes into the first half.
- APSU knocked down 5-of-9 three-pointers, two from Zach Glotta.
- Big Blue went 2:31 without a shot before Michael Littlejohn hit a three from far out.
- DFD slams it to close the half. Tigers down by 10.
- Reverse layup Tripp Davis to start the second period.
- Three possessions, three shots, TSU. Austin Peay lead cut to four.
- Armani quick pass down low to DFD, who kicked it out to McKnight for a corner three.
- Three-point play Donte, followed by a three from the wing. 11 point gap.
- Austin Peay played the final three minutes without a field goal.
- TSU drops to 29-47 in the all-time series versus the Govs. 9-27 when taking on Austin Peay in Clarksville.
- Stokley Chaffee, Jr. fouled out with 1:35 left in regulation.
TSU completes its four-game road swing at conference leader Murray State, Saturday, Jan. 26 with tipoff on ESPN+ set for 7 p.m.