|December 22, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||TSUMBB||MEMMBB|
|FG Percentage||.161 (10-62)||.600 (30-50)|
|3P FG Percentage||.171 (6-35)||.417 (5-12)|
|FT Percentage||.556 (15-27)||.756 (34-45)|
- 11||Jeremiah Martin
- 9||Kyvon Davenport
- 2||Antwann Jones
Alex Lomax - 5
McKNIGHT - 3
LITTLEJOHN - 3
- 1||Raynere Thornton
Isaiah Maurice - 2
Kyvon Davenport - 2
Final Score: TSU 41, Memphis 99
Records: TSU 3-8, Memphis 7-5
Venue: FedEx Forum
MEMPHIS --- The Tennessee State men’s basketball team dropped to 3-8 on the season with a 41-99 loss to Memphis Saturday afternoon in the FedEx Forum.
A hard-shooting night, TSU averaged just 16 percent from the field, 6-of-35 from three-point distance. Big Blue’s trips to the free-throw line helped the score, as Kamar McKnight finished with five points at the stripe, followed by Emmanuel Egbuta with three. However, both shot 50 percent from the line.
Southwest Tennessee Community College (Memphis) transfer, Michael Littlejohn led Tennessee State with 11 points, adding one assist and three steals.
Tennessee State entered the half, down 30 (47-17), and although Memphis’ shooting accuracy decreased in the second period, the Memphis Tigers pulled away increasing its lead to as much as 61 before closing out the night 41-99.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Michael Littlejohn – 11
- Rebounds: Emmanuel Egbuta – 9
- Assists: Kamar McKnight – 2
- Blocks: Emmanuel Egbuta – 1
- Steals: Stokley Chaffee, Jr., Kamar McKnight, Michael Littlejohn – 3
- TSU shot 16.1 percent (10-of-62) from the floor, 17.1 (6-of-35)from three-point distance.
- A high-turnover game, Tennessee State committed 24, Memphis finished with 26.
- Memphis beat TSU at the board notching 49 rebounds to TSU’s 30.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- TSU remained scoreless for the first 7:36 of the game going 0-of-16.
- Kamar McKnight drove to the net to put TSU on the board.
- Help at the ft line. F straight TSU points.
- Littlejohn came from deep to hit one-of-five threes on the night.
- With three seconds to go in the half, Memphis' Martin hits a trey to increase the lead to 30.
- Free throws helped TSU sinking 3-of-6, 0-of-6 from the field four minutes into the half.
- Michael Littlejohn and Dave Morris combine for three from three-point distance.
- Memphis increased its lead with a 15-0 run late in the game.
- Daniel Cummings sunk a three with 0:32 seconds on the clock, closing out the game 41-99.
- Tennessee State drops to 0-9 in the all-time series against Memphis.
- Memphis-native Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey fouled out with 12:48 left in the game.
- A fan was given the opportunity to win free haircuts for a year with a made half-court shot. The fan missed the first, and made the second qualifying for the prize.
After a short holiday break, TSU will return to Memorial Gym to take on Vanderbilt, Dec. 29 for a 12:30 p.m. tip off.