caution (April 26, 2020) Tennessee State University is continuing to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19), and is committed to using all resources to keep the TSU Family abreast of the latest information regarding academic delivery, campus operations and COVID-19. TSU students needing more information about online classes or campus operations should visit the Student Information section. Learn More Here.

Tigers keep win streak alive with upset OT victory over Morehead State
Monday, December 20, 2010

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee State University Tigers extended their win-streak to four games, upsetting Morehead State at home in overtime, 70-64.

It was the first time TSU defeated MOR since Jan. 5, 2009, 71-64, inside the Gentry Center. With the win, TSU currently holds the longest win streak in the OVC. The Tigers move to 5-6 overall and 2-1 in the conference picking up their second straight victory against league opponents.

For the game, TSU shot 45 percent from the floor but lost the rebound battle, 46-30. Defensively, they forced 22 turnovers that led to 26 points.

In overtime, TSU outscored MOR, 13-7. Kenny Moore led the team in extra play, scoring six points to finish with a team-high, 19 points. Moore notched a consecutive double-double performance adding 11 rebounds while shooting 6-of-9 overall, 2-of-3 from three-point range, and 5-of-6 from the line.

Jacquan Nobles drained 4-of-6 from behind the arc including a three-pointer to open overtime to close out the game with 14 points. Wil Peters followed with 10 points and a game-high eight assists.

In the early minutes of the first half, the Tigers trailed by their largest deficit, 12-1, at the 14:17 mark but outscored the Eagles, 22-18, to narrow the gap at the break, 30-23.

In the second, TSU opened a 14-5 run to take their first lead of the game, 37-35. They would only hold a seven-point difference, tying their largest advantage of the night, 46-39, with 9:21 on the clock. The Eagles recaptured the lead, holding it with 1:27 remaining, 57-53.

TSU tied the score up behind two free-throws by Peters, and a shot by Patrick Miller, with 52 seconds remaining, knotting the score at the end of regulation. Miller closed out the game with seven points before fouling out.

The Eagles (6-5, 2-1 OVC), entering the at the top of the OVC standings, suffer their first OVC loss of the season while shooting 37 percent from the floor. They were led in scoring by Demonte Harper's 19 points from 7-of-15 shooting. Kenneth Faried posted a double-double going 7-of-14 for 15 points and a game-high, 17 boards. Terrance Hill chipped in 12 points and seven rebounds.

Next, the Tigers will continue OVC action when they host Eastern Kentucky on Dec. 21 at 7:30 p.m. inside the Gentry Center.