Tennessee State football sports four former Tigers with National Football League teams during week nine. A fifth Tiger, Chidi Okeke, has been brought in by the Jacksonville Jaguars for a work out. The offensive lineman went through the mandated NFL pre-workout process and will complete the tryout this week.
Terrell Bonds earned his first career start in the Baltimore Ravens 24-10 win at Indianapolis. Bonds recorded three tackles, all on defense.
Anthony Levine played both on special teams and defense for the Ravens. Levine’s lone tackle came on the opening kickoff of the game.
Lachavious Simmons was activated by the Chicago Bears early in the week and was to make his NFL debut on Sunday. Simmons was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 prior to the start of the game at Tennessee.
Chris Rowland was protected by the Atlanta Falcons for the ninth consecutive week.
For the first time, NFL teams can protect four players per week from their practice squads to prevent them from being claimed and signed by other teams.
Anthony Levine Sr. – SS/LB/ST
- Played mainly on special teams
- Saw action on defense
- Made one tackle; Came on opening kickoff
Terrell Bonds – CB/ST
- Earned first career start
- Recorded three tackles for the second consecutive week; All came on defense
- Played 59 snaps of the teams 87 defensive plays
- Also participated on special teams
Chris Rowland – WR/RS
- On Practice Squad
Lachavious Simmons – OL
- Activated on Tuesday
- Placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Sunday
Chidi Okeke – OL
- Has been brought in by the Jacksonville Jaguars for a workout
- Worked out with the Green Bay Packers prior to the start of the season