The primary purpose of SAAC is to address the concerns directly or indirectly related to the student-athlete’s well-being or act upon statements presented below and other issues identified by student-athlete representatives. It is not established for the purpose of addressing issues related to coaching philosophies.
“To enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete well-being and fostering a positive student-athlete image.”
FUNCTIONS OF CAMPUS SAAC
- Promote communication between Athletics Administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information to coaches and teammates.
- Provide feedback and insight into Athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the Athletics Department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the Athletics programs involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete response to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government).
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus and within competition.
2019-20 SAAC MEMBERSHIP
President: Amani Taylor, Senior, Women’s Track & Field, OVC Representative, NCAA D-I SAAC Representative for OVC
Vice-President: Julia Pierson, Senior, Volleyball, OVC Representative - Alternate
Secretary: Nicquayleeonntea Moore, Senior, Women’s Track & Field, OVC Representative
Treasurer/Social Media Officer: Morgan Cage, Junior, Women’s Tennis
Jordan Bell, Junior, Football
Jalyn Bowen, Junior, Women’s Track & Field
Jonathan Brown, Junior, Men’s Basketball
Clint Dowty, III, Freshman, Football
Lauren Farias, Sophomore, Softball
Ray Horton, Sophomore, Football
Mantejvir Johal, Sophomore, Men’s Basketball
Aarushi Kakkar, Junior, Women’s Tennis
Leandros Misdrachis, Sophomore, Men’s Tennis
Kato Richardson, Senior, Men’s Tennis
Gina Rivera, Sophomore, Volleyball
Katie Schneider, Junior, Softball
Allen Stokes, Freshman, Men’s & Women's Golf
Michael Thompson, Sophomore, Men’s Track & Field
Josh Trueheart, Junior, Football
Elaina Verges, Junior, Women’s Track & Field
Jaden Wrightsell, Junior, Women’s Basketball
Jazmine Young, Sophomore, Women’s Basketball
Mrs. Valencia Jordan, Sr. Associate AD/SWA
Ms. Tua Reilly, Assistant AD Compliance
Gabriel Punzalan, Athletics Academic Coordinator/Counselor
Twitter: @TSUSAAC | Instagram: @TSUSAAC