The mission of the Tennessee State University Athletic Academic Service office is to provide academic support and educational programs in which all student-athletes have the opportunity to achieve their academic and personal goals. Our department is committed to providing a first-class educational experience that allows student-athletes to earn a four-year degree while acquiring the tools necessary to compete in a global society.
Student-Athlete Academic Services is located on the second floor of Hankal Hall. The computer lab houses 28 desktop computers with state-of-the-art software and free printing. The Academic Center is also home to a tutoring room, study area, relaxation suite, and Academic Services staff offices.
• To assist student-athletes in clarification of life and career goals
• To provide an environment in which student-athletes can learn the full array of educational opportunities available to them at TSU
• To engage student-athletes in the development of a suitable educational plan that guides them toward graduation
• To encourage student-athletes to become self-directed learners
• To use campus resources to assist student-athletes with career planning, study strategies, and personal development
• To provide student-athletes with information regarding degree requirements, course selection, and registration
• To monitor student-athlete progress
James Troxel, Assistant AD for Academic Services - Phone: (615) 963-1821 - Email
Kenita Stokes, Academic Counselor - Phone: (615) 963-7446 - Email: [email protected]
Gabriel Punzalan, Academic Counselor - Phone: (615) 963-1581 - Email: [email protected]
Hankal Hall - Rooms 202A, 209, 213