NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State track and field teams will have plenty of chances to compete locally and regionally during the 2017-18 indoor and outdoor seasons. Including NCAA Regional and National Championships, the Tigerbelles and Flying Tigers will visit 10 states this season.
“This year, we’re excited about the direction we’re going with our schedule,” Tennessee State Director of Track and Field Chandra Cheeseborough-Guice said. “We have some new meets on the schedule this year, like our one in West Virginia. We’re going to Birmingham, which has an awesome facility. Vanderbilt has an awesome facility. We’re excited to give our student-athletes the experience of competing in various places.”
TSU unofficially opens the 2017-18 season with the Blue and White Meet at the Gentry Center on Nov. 15 with the official start to the year on Dec. 2 with the Vanderbilt Opener.
Tennessee State will also host the annual Ed Temple Classic on Jan. 7, 2018 at the Gentry Center during the indoor season.
This season’s Ohio Valley Conference Championship meets will be hosted by Eastern Illinois for indoors (March 9-10) and Tennessee Tech for outdoors (May 10-12).
BY THE NUMBERS
- 8 Indoor meets prior to the NCAA Indoor Championships
- 7 Outdoor meets prior to the NCAA East Preliminary Round
- 2 Home Meets (Including the Blue and White Meet)
- 10 States Visited (Including NCAA National Championships)
- Nov. 15, 2017 – Blue and White Meet – GENTRY CENTER
- Jan. 7, 2018 – Ed Temple Classic – GENTRY CENTER
- Feb. 23-24, 2018 – OVC Indoor Championship – CHARLESTON, ILL.
- March 9-10, 2018 – NCAA Indoor Championships – COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS
- May 10-12, 2018 – OVC Outdoor Championship – COOKEVILLE, TENN.
- May 24-26, 2018 – NCAA East Preliminary Round – TAMPA, FLA.
- June 6-9, 2018 – NCAA Outdoor Championships – EUGENE, ORE.