2016-17 Women's Tennis Season Recap
- Tennessee State women’s tennis finished the 2016-17 season 9-8 overall and 1-8 in the OVC.
- TSU finished the season with a 4-4 home record and a 5-4 record on the road.
- In the Fall the women’s team captured the HBCU Invitational Championship for the first time in school history.
- Ani Popiashvili captured a Flight B Singles Championship to help propel the Tigers to the HBCU title.
- Ani Popiashvili paired with Pragati Natraj to earn a Flight B Doubles Championship.
- Tennessee State had two other players appear in their singles flight championship match.
- TSU had a school-record five Tigers compete at ITA regionals; earning 12 wins during the tournament.
- The Tigers started the season 6-0.
- Ani Popiashvili led the team with 22 singles wins on the season.
- Pragati Natraj and Abhilasha Vishwanath teamed up for a team high seven doubles wins as a pairing.
- A win against Jacksonville State in the last match of the season marked back-to-back seasons with conference wins for TSU.
- Eight student-athletes were named Academic Achievers during the Fall Semester.
- Pragati Natraj and Abhilasha Vishwanath both recieved Co-Top Female Academic Excellence Award.