NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State women’s tennis team fell to Murray State On Saturday afternoon by a 6-1 score. This was the second consecutive loss for the Tigers. Pragati Natraj scored the only point for TSU in the match.
“The girls played better today,” TSU Head Coach Monroe Walker III said. “We were in two of the doubles matches and we had an opportunity to win both. Pragati is now 2-0 in the conference. She is playing extremely good tennis. We have to continue to improve and understand there is a long season in front of us. I am looking forward to practice Monday.”
TSU (6-2, 0-2 OVC) trailed as Murray State (3-7, 1-1 OVC) took the doubles point. Natraj’s singles victory came in straight sets by scores of 6-2, 6-3. Ani Popiashvili fought hard at No. 1 singles before falling in straight sets. Popiashvili lost by the same 6-4 score in each set.
The Tigers will play Southeast Missouri on Mar. 24 in Cape Girardeau, MO.
- CHANG, Claire (MUR) def. POPIASHVILI, Ani (TSUW) 6-4, 6-4
- HADZIC, Amina (MUR) def. PATTERSON, Taylor (TSUW) 6-0, 6-1
- LONCAREVIC, Anja (MUR) def. JONES, Ashia (TSUW) 6-4, 6-2
- SCHIBOL, Alina (MUR) def. VISWANATH, Abhilasha (TSUW) 6-4, 6-1
- NATRAJ, Pragati (TSUW) def. BJORK, Sara (MUR) 6-2, 6-3
- MASSON, Jeanne (MUR) def. HEMPHILL, Phyllicia (TSUW) 6-0, 6-3
- CHANG, Claire/SCHIBOL, Alina (MUR) def. JONES, Ashia/PATTERSON, Taylor (TSUW) 6-0
- NATRAJ, Pragati/VISWANATH, Abhilasha (TSUW) vs. HADZIC, Amina/LONCAREVIC, Anja (MUR) unfinished
- BJORK, Sara/MASSON, Jeanne (MUR) def. HEMPHILL, Phyllicia/POPIASHVILI, Ani (TSUW) 6-3