|November 18, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
Tennessee State Lady Tigers
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||TSU|
|FG Percentage||.463 (31-67)||.352 (19-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.407 (11-27)||.167 (2-12)|
|FT Percentage||.682 (15-22)||.742 (23-31)|
WALLEN - 15
YOUNG - 5
APPIAH-KUBI - 5
YOUNG - 2
KENT - 2
ROBERTS - 1
NOAH - 1
Final Score: Tennessee State 63 – North Alabama 88
Records: TSU (1-1) – UNA (3-1)
Venue: Gentry Center
Location: Nashville, Tenn.
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball team dropped an, 88-63, decision to North Alabama Monday night after an up and down offensive night.
Tennessee State (1-2) only trailed, 19-18, after 10-minutes of action but got outscored 23-11 in the second quarter. TSU bounced back in the third quarter but another stagnant offensive effort in the fourth saw the Lady Tigers get outscored, 21-9.
Taylor Roberts led TSU with 17 points while Jazmine Young scored a career-high 16 points.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Taylor Roberts – 17
- Rebounds: Taylor Roberts, Jazmine Young, Amber Appiah-Kubi – 5
- Assists: Keniece Purvis – 3
- Steals: Taylor Roberts, Jazmine Young, Megan Kent - 2
- TSU had eight steals in the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Eight straight points from Taylor Roberts kept an otherwise stagnant TSU offense in the game early in the first quarter.
- North Alabama was leading 10-8 when a 7-2 run put the visitors on top, 17-10.
- The Lady Tigers continued battling and pulled within one after outscoring the Lions, 8-2 to close out the period.
- UNA grabbed the momentum in the second frame and stretched its advantage to, 35-24.
- Jazmine Young scored to end TSU’s 3:44 minute scoring drought but UNA answered with seven unanswered points to move ahead, 42-28.
- A three-point play by Young made the score, 42-29, at halftime.
- The teams traded buckets in the third quarter but UNA maintained a comfortable cushion.
- The Lady Tigers continued to fight and put together a 7-3 spurt that cut the deficit down to 13 points.
- TSU managed to pull within 12 but UNA used a 7-0 run to increase the lead to, 75-56.
- The Lady Tigers matched the Lions point-for-point in the third quarter, 25-25.
- North Alabama took advantage of a TSU scoring drought in the fourth and opened the score up to, 82-58, with 3:06 left to play.
- The all-time series between TSU and UNA is now tied 2-2.
- Taylor Roberts led TSU in scoring for the third straight game.
- The 16 points for Jazmine Young was a career-high.
- Tennessee State will continue its three-game homestand with a contest against Alcorn State Thursday night. Game time is set for 6 p.m. in the Gentry Center.