|March 02, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
TSU Lady Tigers
|Stats at a Glance||TSU||UTM|
|FG Percentage||.423 (22-52)||.509 (28-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (3-9)||.154 (2-13)|
|FT Percentage||.565 (13-23)||.926 (25-27)|
- 14||Emanye Robertson
- 6||Maddie Waldrop
- 5||Emanye Robertson
- 3||Emanye Robertson
OUTLOW - 1
Final Score: Tennessee State 60 – UT Martin 83
Records: TSU (5-24, 5-12 OVC) – UTM (21-8, 13-5 OVC)
Venue: Elam Center
Location: Martin, Tenn.
Martin, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball team played hard but ultimately fell to UT Martin, 83-60, Saturday afternoon in the Elam Center.
Tennessee State stayed within striking distance for most of the game but UTM opened up the lead down the stretch.
Tia Wooten, who played in her final game as a Lady Tiger, led TSU with 14 points while Taylor Roberts (10) and Cebria Outlow (10) also scored in double-digits.
TSU finishes the season with an overall record of 5-25 and a 5-13 OVC mark.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Tia Wooten – 14
- Rebounds: Tia Wooten – 6
- Assists: Taylor Roberts – 5
- Steals: Taylor Roberts - 3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After getting off to a slow start and falling behind, 10-2, TSU battled back to within five at the end of the first quarter, 17-12.
- The Lady Tigers got going in the second period and used an 8-2 scoring spurt to take the lead, 21-20.
- The visitors saw the lead slip away when UTM outscored TSU, 11-4, to close out the half.
- The Skyhawks led, 32-24, at the break.
- UTM scored six unanswered points to start the third period and stretched the advantage to 38-24.
- TSU continued to fight and cut the deficit down to 10 points on back-to-back buckets from Cebria Outlow.
- The score was, 51-41, in favor of UTM when the Skyhawks used a 7-2 run to carry a, 58-43, advantage into the final stanza.
- The Lady Tigers managed to close the gap, 62-51, but the Skyhawks used another scoring flurry to capture a, 69-51, lead.
- The home team built a 20-point cushion with three minutes on the clock and maintained a comfortable lead the rest of the way.
- Tia Wooten, Lauren Elliott and Asia Sims played in their final game as a Lady Tiger.
- TSU got outscored 51-36 in the second half.
- TSU led in the game for 1:52.
- TSU held the advantage in bench points, 32-17.