|February 09, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
TSU Lady Tigers
|Stats at a Glance||TSU||EKU|
|FG Percentage||.423 (22-52)||.245 (13-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.375 (3-8)||.222 (4-18)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (10-15)||.500 (1-2)|
TEAM - 8
Final Score: Tennessee State 57 – Eastern Kentucky 31
Records: TSU (4-20, 4-8 OVC) – EKU (2-21, 0-12 OVC)
Venue: McBrayer Arena
Location: Richmond, Ky.
Richmond, Ky. --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball team captured a, 57-31, win at Eastern Kentucky Saturday night in McBrayer Arena.
TSU improved to 4-20 (4-8 OVC) while EKU fell to 2-21 (0-12 OVC).
The contest was tied, 21-21, midway through the second quarter when the Lady Tigers turned up their defensive pressure and outscored the Colonels 36-10 the rest of the way.
Tia Wooten led TSU with 15 points while Jaden Wrightsell added 11. Andreana Wrister pulled down a game-high eight rebounds to go with five steals.
Eastern Kentucky was led in scoring by Bria Bass’ eight points while Shay Soloman recorded a team-best eight rebounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- TSU Leaders
- Points: Tia Wooten – 15
- Rebounds: Andreana Wrister – 8
- Assists: Lauren Elliott - 5
- Steals: Andreana Wrister – 5
- Jaden Wrightsell had 11 points and six rebounds.
- TSU shot 42.3 percent from the field and forced 23 turnovers.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- TSU held a slight, 17-15, lead after the first quarter before a 4-1 spurt gave the Lady Tigers a 21-16 cushion.
- EKU responded with five unanswered points to tie the game at 21-all with 3:22 left in the second period.
- The Lady Tigers countered with a 7-0 run to capture a 28-21 lead heading into the halftime break.
- TSU outscored EKU 11-6 in the second quarter.
- In the third quarter, a 7-0 run capped by a three-point play by Tia Wooten, put the Lady Tigers on top 35-21.
- After holding EKU to six points for the second straight quarter, TSU carried a 42-27 advantage into the final frame.
- The Lady Tigers opened the fourth quarter with another run, this time a 9-0 spurt capped by an Annaliese Burnett triple.
- The score was 51-29 in favor of TSU with 4:34 left in the game.
- The Lady Tigers held the Colonels to four points in the fourth quarter.
- Tia Wooten scored in double-digits for the fourth straight game and the 16th time this season.
- TSU increased its winning streak over EKU to five games.
- Annaliese Burnett and Akia Harris came off the bench to hit three-pointers in the game.
- TSU held EKU to just 16 points in the final three quarters.
- TSU returns to action on Wednesday, Feb.13 at home versus Belmont. Game time is slated for 11 a.m. in Gentry Center for Kids Day.