Women's Basketball 2017-18 Season Recap
- TSU finished the 2017-18 season with an overall record of 6-21 and a 4-14 OVC mark under first year head coach Jessica Kern.
- The Lady Tigers shot 74.9 percent from the free-throw line, marking the first time since the 2010-11 season that TSU has shot at least 70 percent from the charity stripe.
- Tennessee State averaged 67.6 ppg while shooting 37.5 percent from the field and 30.4 percent from three-point range.
- TSU finished the season ranked 2nd in the OVC in free-throw percentage, 3rd in steals (8.7), 4th in offensive rebounds (13.9) and 5th in scoring.
- Tia Wooten was named to the All-OVC First Team.
- Freshman Taylor Roberts was named to the All-OVC Newcomer Team.
- Tia Wooten led the team in scoring with 21.2 points per game and rebounding with 8.9 rpg
- Wooten finished the season ranked 1st in overall rebounding, 2nd in scoring, 2nd in the OVC in offensive rebounds, 3rd in defensive rebounds, 10th in steals and 10th in free-throw percentage
- In the NCAA ranking, Wooten finished the season ranked 9th in made free-throws, 12th in points per game and 12th in free-throw attempts
- Wooten was named the OVC Player of the Week twice and Sports Madness Player of the Week
- Taylor Roberts was the team’s second leading scorer and rebounder as a freshman with 14.6 ppg and 5.7 rpg
- In the OVC, Roberts ranked 4th in free-throw percentage, 6th in steals, 7th in offensive rebounds, 9th in scoring, 11th in field goal percentage and 19th in overall rebounding.
- Roberts was a four-time OVC Freshman of the Week
- Kaliya Griffin led the team with 50 three-pointers while shooting 37.0 percent from long range
- Griffin finished the season ranked 7th in made three-pointers and 9th in three-point field goal percentage
- Maxine Beard led the team in assists with 120 while averaging 4.4 assists per game
- Beard ranked 5th in the league in assists per game, 9th in assist turnover ratio, 13th in free-throw percentage and 14th in steals per game.
- Asia Sims led the team in free-throw percentage with .841 (37-of-44)