2013-14 Lady Tiger Season Recap
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State University women’s basketball team, under second year head coach Larry Inman, concluded the 2013-14 campaign with a winning record at home as well as in Ohio Valley Conference play. Though TSU only registered a 12-18 overall record, the Lady Tigers went 9-7 in league play while mounting an impressive 6-2 mark at home in OVC contests (7-4 overall).
Read below for a few highlights from this past season:
- Finished the 2013-14 season with a winning OVC record for the second consecutive season (9-7)
- TSU Ranked first in the OVC in offensive rebounds with 16.2 per game
- Head Coach Larry Inman recorded his 500th career win on Jan. 25, 2014 vs. Morehead State
- The Lady Tigers finished in the Top 5 in six OVC categories; Offensive rebounding (1st), Offensive rebounding percentage (2nd), Turnover Margin (2nd), Rebounding Offense (5th) and Scoring Margin (5th).
- TSU Earned 4th seed and first round bye for the OVC Tournament. The 4th seed was the highest seed since TSU gained the third seed in 2009.
- Lady Tigers made an OVC Tournament Appearance for the seventh straight year
- Chelsea Hudson was named to the All-OVC Second Team
- Chelsea Hudson was tabbed the OVC Player of the Week, twice, on March 3 and January 28
- I’mani Davis was selected to the Gator Holiday Classic All-Tournament Team
- Chelsea Hudson ranked in the Top 10 of four OVC categories; 2nd in offensive rebounding, 4th in overall rebounding, 5th in defensive rebounds and 8th in scoring
- Rachel Allen ranked 6th in the OVC in assist/turnover ratio, 8th in 3PT FG percentage, 9th in steals, 12th in assists and 19th in scoring
- I’mani Davis finished 13th in the OVC in steals with 1.2 per game
- Jayda Johnson averaged 3.2 offensive rebounds per game and ranked 14th in the league