Lady Tiger Basketball 2012-13 Season Highlights
Tennessee State University women’s basketball head coach Larry Joe Inman concluded his first season as the head of the Lady Tiger program recording an overall record of 13-15.
TSU also posted a winning record in the Ohio Valley Conference for the first time in four years.
Additionally, the Lady Tigers had six seniors on this year’s team, in which all six will graduate with bachelor’s degrees from Tennessee State in May.
The campaign also brought about other accomplishments that highlighted the season.
2012-13 TSU Women’s Basketball Highlights:
- Lady Tigers finished the season with a winning conference record, 9-7, for the first time since the 2008-09 season when TSU went, 13-5 in the league
- TSU recorded 13 wins, the most wins since the 2008-09 season
- Kesi Hess was named to the 2013 All-OVC second team
- Jasmin Shuler became the 15th Lady Tiger to record at least 1,000 points in her career
- Simone Hopes and Kesi Hess were named to the Lady Griz All-Tournament team
- Lady Tigers received an OVC Tournament berth for the sixth consecutive season
- Simone Hopes finished ranked in the OVC’s Top 15 in five categories: 6th in offensive rebounding, 8th in overall rebounding, 12th in defensive rebounding, 14th in scoring, 14th in field goal percentage
- Kesi Hess finished the season leading the league in free-throw percentage while ranking 5th in made 3-point field goals, 7th in minutes played, 9th in steals, 11th in three-point field goal percentage, and 12th in scoring
- Destiney Gaston ranked fourth in the OVC in blocks per game
- Rachel Allen led the OVC in assist/turnover ratio while ranking 37th in the nation
- Allen also ranked 8th in assists and 11th in steals
- Jasmin Shuler ranked 11th in the OVC in free-throw percentage, 13th in steals and 17th in scoring
- Chelsea Hudson finished the season ranked 11th in offensive rebounding and 20th in overall rebounding
- Kesi Hess was recognized by the Nashville Civitan Club with the A.D. Hancock-Walter Nipper Basketball Award for Sportsmanship
- Simone Hopes was named the 2013 Female Athlete of the Year at the annual TSU Awards Banquet