|October 26, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
- 52||Assists||GARCIA GUERRIOS
SCANLON - 1
CONLEY - 1
- 19||Digs||RIVERA ORTIZ
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --- Tennessee State volleyball fought hard against the Skyhawks but despite it's efforts the match was lost 3-1 (25-17, 25-15, 15-25, 25-22). TSU now sits at an Ohio Valley conference record of 2-8, overall 9-14.
Aniya Williams and Julia Pierson were huge for the Tigers offense recording double digit kills. During the first and second sets Big Blue struggled to find it's way but came out explosively in the third with 16 kills and 15 digs, almost double the first and second combined. Being a driven team, TSU came out determined to win in the fourth set but UT Martin rallied in the last half of the set.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Aniya Williams found her rhythm again recorded 18 kills.
- Julia Pierson followed close behind with 17.
- Gina Rivera-Ortiz led the match with 16 digs.
- Sofia Garcia-Guerrios set up the Tigers hitters 43 times.
- The Skyhawks came out ready scoring three before Julia Pierson notched a kill.
- A service error on UTM gave the Tigers a chance to get back into the set.
- But UT Martin kept it's five-point lead with a kill from Addison Conley.
- Block assist for Pierson and Aniya Williams moved the Tigers up the scoreboard.
- UTM kept it's lead over Tennessee State with kills from Logan Wallick and Karen Scanlon.
- Huge kill for Pierson gave the Tigers motivation to move on the board.
- Still on a lead, UT Martin took the set 25-17.
- Starting TSU off with an attack error, Williams came back with a kill.
- Williams again with a shot into the Skyhawks defense.
- Sofia Garcia-Guerrios with a dump into UTM's court.
- Pierson recorded her fourth kill and Garcia-Guerrios served an ace tying up the match.
- Offensive powerhouse Williams notched her eighth kill.
- A UTM service error closed the score gap to five points.
- Wallick won the set with her 12th kill of the match, 25-15.
- The Tigers picked up momentum and kept the Skyhawks at bay with a kill from Pierson and Williams.
- TSU kept the lead with another kill from Williams and an ace for Kristian Marshall.
- Taking a three-point lead with a solo block from Pierson, the Tigers are showing a huge increase in energy.
- Aria Holmes and Pierson notched kills leaving the Skyhawks behind.
- With the crowd’s motivation, TSU ran up the score on UTM.
- UT Martin fought back with a kill from Conley and Wallick.
- On a five-point run the Tigers were motivated to go to a fourth set.
- On a UTM attack error, TSU took the set 25-15.
- Tennessee State started out strong but a UTM kill tied the set.
- The Tigers took back the lead with a kill from Williams and Pierson.
- Holmes fifth kill took Big Blue to a three-point lead.
- The Skyhawks weaseled it's way back onto the board with kills from Gintar Mackeviciute.
- But Tennessee State stayed ahead with a kill from Pierson.
- UT Martin took the lead with a shot into the Tigers defense but Khalia Jordan kept the Tigers in the set with a kill.
- Jordan with an ace tied the set.
- At match point, TSU had an attack error and lost the set, 25-22.
- TSU sits at a 14-36 record against UTM.
- The Tigers sit at an overall record of 9-14 and an OVC record of 2-8.
Tennessee State volleyball will host Morehead State on Friday, Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. in Kean Hall.