|September 28, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
WILLIAMS - 8
PIERSON - 3
SWEARINGEN - 3
MOREHEAD, Ky. --- The Tennessee State volleyball team fell to Morehead State on Sept. 28 in Johnson Arena.
The Tigers were challenged in the sets against MSU, each time fighting to stay on the board but falling short in the end. TSU lost 3-0 (25-18, 25-11, 25-18) to Morehead State.
Julia Pierson and Aniya Williams gave the Tigers a huge advantage at the net with eight kills a piece. Gina Rivera-Ortiz tried to keep the Eagles at bay with 20 digs, leading the match.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Julila Pierson and Aniya Williams led the team with eight kills a piece.
- Gina Rivera-Ortiz led the match with 20 digs.
- Morehead State started off with a four-point lead over Tennessee State.
- Pierson' first two kills kept the Tigers in the set.
- Big Blue went on a six-point run only to be ended with a kill from MSU's Olivia Lohmeier.
- Tennessee State tried to maintain the lead with kills from Williams and Pierson.
- But, the Eagles took the lead with another kill from Lohmeier.
- MSU kept the lead due to errors on TSU and kills from Morehead State's offense.
- Two kills from the Eagles won the set for Morehead State, 25-18.
- MSU came out strong with two kills from Abby Hulsman.
- The Eagles soared ahead to a four-point lead over the Tigers.
- Kills from Aria Holmes and Pierson tried to keep the Tigers in the game.
- TSU errors and more kills for MSU gave the Eagles a huge advantage.
- Morehead State found holes in Big Blue's defense and racked up a ten-point lead.
- On a five-point run, the Eagles took the set with a kill, 25-11.
- The Tigers got on the board first with an attack error on MSU.
- But, Morehead State went on a seven-point run, which was ended with a kill from Khalia Jordan.
- Attack errors on Jordan put MSU ahead by six.
- Holmes found a hole in Morehead's defense but two additional kills for the Eagles squashed that attempt.
- Jasmine Fuqua, Kariely Santana-Delgado and Pierson gave their best shot at keeping the Tigers in the set with kills for TSU.
- Morehead State fired back and kept it's lead against the Tigers.
- Williams ruined MSU's run with a shot into the Eagle's defense.
- An attack error on TSU gave Morehead State the set, 25-18.
- Big Blue's record is now 8-7 overall and 1-1 in the Ohio Valley Conference.
- Tennessee State's record against Morehead State is now 13-49.
The Tennessee State volleyball team will host Belmont for it's first home conference match. The match will take place Oct. 1 at 6 p.m. in Kean Hall.