|October 13, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
CLARKE - 2
NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee State Tigers (6-12, 2-4 OVC) hosted the Southeast Missouri Redhawks in Kean Hall for its first match of homecoming weekend. SEMO took the match 3-0 (25-19, 25-22, 25-16).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Rachel Henderson led the team in kills with 14. Katora Roberts put down 8 for the Tigers, and Maya Evans 7.
- Samantha Beltran had 32 assists.
- Of five team blocks, Rachel Henderson performed two solo and one assisted. Katora Roberts added a solo and an assisted.
SET BY SET
First Set: Rachel Henderson garnered the first point of the match with a kill facilitated by Sam Beltran. Alexis Johnson assisted the Tiger offense by scoring four kills. Rachel Henderson was the standout of the set after recording two solo blocks for Big Blue. However, the team hit a .056 and had 11 digs compared to SEMO's 15. SEMO won set one, 25-19.
Second Set: Katora Roberts put down the first point for the Tigers, and would put down four more in the second set. The Tigers went on a 5-0 run. With 19 kills and 32 digs in the second set, Big Blue held the Redhawks off but fell 25-22 after a point-by-point battle to the finish of the first half.
Third Set: Katora Roberts recorded a kill for the first point of the final set. This would account for the only time the Tigers would lead. Megan Evans replaced Sam Beltran as the setter. SEMO had its best set with 15 kills, .387 hitting percentage, two service aces and two blocks. The Redhawks took the match 3-0 with a final set score of 25-16.
- The Tigers are now ranked 11th in the Ohio Valley Conference with a league record of 2-5.
- In the all-time series against the Redhawks, the Tigers are now 5-24.
The Tigers take on UT Martin Oct 13 at 1 p.m. in Kean Hall for its Dig Pink match.