NASHVILLE --- Details of the four-team Tiger Invitational Tournament hosted by the Tennessee State volleyball team have been finalized. The tournament, scheduled for Sept. 1-2 at Kean Hall, will feature TSU, Florida International, New Orleans and Alcorn State.
"We are really looking forward to all of the matches on our schedule, especially our home tournament,” TSU Head Coach Donika Sutton said. “Any time we get to play in front of our home crowd, it's a great experience. We would love to host at least one home tournament every season moving forward."
- Each team in the tournament will play a total of three matches over the two-day span.
- The Tigers will face Alcorn State and New Orleans on Friday, Sept. 1 before taking on Florida International on Saturday, Sept. 2.
- Admission to the tournament is free.
- The tournament will serve as the first home matches in Donika Sutton’s TSU career as a head coach. Sutton was an assistant coach for the Tigers for three seasons (2014-16) before taking over as the head coach in January of 2017.
- In the all-time series, TSU is 2-0 against Alcorn State, 0-4 against New Orleans and has never faced Florida International.
- TSU is coming off a 17-16 record in 2016 including a 7-4 mark at Kean Hall.
Friday, Sept. 1
12 p.m. - Alcorn State vs. Tennessee State
3 p.m. - Florida International vs. Alcorn State
7 p.m. - New Orleans vs. Tennessee State
Saturday, Sept. 2
9 a.m. - New Orleans vs. Florida International
12 p.m. - Alcorn State vs. New Orleans
3 p.m. - Florida International vs. Tennessee State