|April 29, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||R||H||E|
|Win: Hannah Ridolfi (9-16)||5.0||2||0||0||2||3|
|Loss: POWELL (2-23)||4.0||8||8||6||1||2|
|Aalia Bivens (UTM)||3||0||2||1||0||0|
|Savannah Dodson (UTM)||2||2||2||2||0||0|
|April 29, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: Caitlin Karo (16-9)||7.0||8||1||1||1||4|
|Loss: HART (0-14)||6.0||10||5||5||1||2|
|Alli Fulcher (UTM)||3||1||2||1||0||0|
|Savannah Dodson (UTM)||2||1||2||0||0||0|
GAME 48: UT Martin 8, Tennessee State 0 (5 inn)
GAME 49: UT Martin 5, Tennessee State 1
RECORDS: TSU (3-46, 0-18), UTM (25-28, 9-11)
FIELD: Bettye Giles Field
LOCATION: Martin, Tenn.
WEATHER: Sunny, 64
MARTIN, Tenn. --- Kasey Cox collected four hits on Sunday, including three in game two, as Tennessee State dropped its final two road games of the season. UT Martin claimed an 8-0, six inning, affair and concluded the sweep with a 5-1 win in the night cap.
Cox paced the way with three hits in the Tigers eight hit attack in game two, after notching one of the two hits by the Big Blue in the opener. The lone run of the day for TSU came on the first career home run by freshman Ariel Johnson.
Tori Hart held the Skyhawks in check in the second game, allowing one run on five hits over the first five innings. Hart fell to 0-14 on the season, while game one starter, Lauren Powell, dropped to 2-22.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Kasey Cox finished 4-for-5 on the day with a double.
- Cox's lone out was a deep fly ball to left field, allowing Ariel Johnson to tag and advance.
- Johnson was the only Tiger to pick up a hit in each game, including her first career home run in game two.
- The Tigers finished with three extra base hits on the day, Cox's double, Johnson's dinger and a Reese Weber double.
- Katie Schneider, Erica O'Kane and Maddison Clark all recorded singles.
- Lauren Powell and Tori Hart each fanned two batters.
- UT Martin took an early 1-0 lead in the first inning.
- The Skyhawks scored in all four opportunities to gain the win.
- Ariel Johnson earned the Tigers first hit of the day with a bunt single to open the third inning.
- Kasey Cox singled down the left field line in the fifth inning.
- Johnson, who reached on a base on balls, was thrown out at third base to end the game.
- Katie Schneider walked in the fourth, as the Tigers could only manage four base runners in game one.
- Reese Weber and Cox delivered doubles in the first and third innings, respectively, before UT Martin gained their first hit of the game.
- Tori Hart held the Skyhawks hitless out into the third inning.
- UTM gained a 1-0 lead on a sacrifice fly in the third.
- The Tigers recorded four hits over the next three innings without being able to push a run across.
- The Skyhawks gained some breathing room with four runs in the sixth.
- Ariel Johnson led off the seventh with a solo home run over the left field fence.
- It is the first in the career for Johnson.
The Tigers return home for the final games of the season. TSU will host Belmont on Friday, May 4 for a double header and Austin Peay on Sunday, May 6.
- The Tigers wore their all grey uniforms with solid blue socks
- First pitch of game one was at 1:00 p.m.
- Game one duration was 1:12
- First pitch of game two was at 2:49 p.m.
- Game two duration was 1:45
- TSU has dropped 30 straight games