GAME 32: Middle Tennessee 7, Tennessee State 1
RECORDS: TSU (3-29), MT (23-10)
FIELD: Blue Raider Softball Field
LOCATION: Murfreesboro, Tenn.
WEATHER: Partly Sunny, 63
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. --- Tennessee State stepped out of conference play with a game at Middle Tennessee on Tuesday evening. The Blue Raiders claimed the 5-1 victory, dropping TSU to 3-29 on the season.
The Tigers battled early with five hits in the first four innings. TSU could only manage to push one run across as they trailed 2-1 heading into the bottom of the fourth. That is as close as the Tigers would get as MT added five runs over the next three innings to gain the win.
Katie Schneider led the way at the plate finishing 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI.
Lauren Powell took the loss as she worked 5.1 innings, allowing six runs, five earned, on nine hits and three walks. The junior fanned three batters as she dropped to 2-14 on the season..
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Tigers were outhit 12-6 by the Blue Raiders on the evening.
- Katie Schneider led the way with two hits, including an RBI double.
- Patton Akers, Sarah Snell, Reese Weber and Erica O’Kane recorded hits in the contest.
- Tassy Lyles stole her 12th base of the season in the third inning.
- Lauren Powell fell to 2-14 after allowing six runs, five earned, in 5.1 innings of work.
- Tori Hart pitched the final 0.2 innings and was touched for a run on three hits
- In the first inning, Emma Colegrove threw out a runner trying to steal second as MT threatened by putting runners on the corners.
- Katie Schneider picked up the Tigers first hit with a one-out single in the second, but was stranded at first.
- Patton Akers reached in the third on a one-out infield single, but was erased at second on a Tassy Lyles fielder’s choice.
- Lyles was left on base after stealing second base.
- MT struck first as they scored two runs off starter Lauren Powell in the bottom of the third.
- The Tigers responded in the fourth with three consecutive hits to get on the board.
- Sarah Snell and Reese Weber opened with back-to-back infield singles to setup a double down the third base line off the bat of Katie Schneider to plate Snell.
- The Blue Raiders answered back with a run in the fourth, another in the fifth and three in the sixth to gain the 7-1 advantage.
- Patton Akers notched her second outfield assist of the season as she gunned down an MT base runner at the plate in the sixth
The Tigers travel to Morehead, Ky. to continue Ohio Valley Conference Play on Friday, Mar. 30. TSU will square off with Morehead State in a double header beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- The Tigers wore their all grey uniforms with solid blue socks
- First pitch was at 6:04 p.m.
- Game duration was 2:00
- Katie Schneider recorded her second multi-hit game
- The Tigers have recorded an outfield assist in each of the last three games