|February 16, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||R||H||E|
|Win: NUNN (4-2)||5.0||3||0||0||1||3|
|Loss: POWELL (0-4)||3.1||3||4||4||3||3|
GAME 5: Western Kentucky 10, Tennessee State 0 (5 inn)
RECORDS: TSU (0-5), WKU (5-2)
FIELD: Warner Park - Field 3
LOCATION: Chattanooga, Tenn.
WEATHER: Cloudy with some Rain, 58
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State softball was held scoreless in their opening game at the Chattanooga Challenge on Friday. The Tigers could only manage three hits as they fell to Western Kentucky 10-0 in a five inning ballgame.
Sarah Snell opened the game with a single and a stolen base, but was stranded on second base. The second inning was a repeat of the first with Erica O’Kane providing the leadoff hit, but was stranded at third.
WKU would score four runs in the third and fourth innings off starter Lauren Powell.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Sarah Snell, Erica O'Kane and Kasey Cox collected hits on the day
- Cox ripped a double in the fourth inning for her third of the season
- Patton Akers earned the lone walk of the day for the Tigers
- Lauren Powell dropped to 0-4 on the season
- Tori Hart worked an inning, while Amanda Cabrera tossed 0.1 innigs
- Sarah Snell opened the game with a single and a stolen base
- Erika O'Kane began the second inning with an infield single
- Kasey Cox had a leadoff double in the fourth
- All three runners were stranded
- WKU scored four runs on three hits and three walks off starter Lauren Powell
- Powell fanned three batters in 3.1 innings
- Tori Hart entered in the fourth inning in relief of Powell
- Hart gave up two runs on one hit and one walk
- Amanda Cabrera surrendered the final four runs of the contest
Weather permitting, the Tigers are scheduled to play at 1:00 p.m. ET against Western Kentucky before facing Indiana State at 3:00 p.m.
- The Tigers wore grey tops, grey pants and blue socks
- The Big Blue served as visitors versus WKU on Friday
- Rain fell for a large part of the contest
Head Coach Andrea Browning
- On the Team
“Our girls are working so hard right now and I know it will pay off. We are staying positive and focused on the process. They know tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity.”