COOKEVILLE, Tenn. --- Day one of the Ohio Valley Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championship for the Tennessee State men’s team included action in the hammer on Thursday.
- Freshman Michael Willingham Jr. earned 11th place on the day with a distance of 48.35m (158’7”).
- The mark, which is a personal record for Willingham, came on his third and final attempt in the hammer.
- Willingham’s previous best of 46.50m (152’7”) came at the Memphis Invitational earlier this spring.
- Also in the hammer, sophomore Leelan Wilkins took 14th place with a mark of 40.00m (131’3”).
- Day two of the OVC Outdoor Championship at Tennessee Tech gets underway tomorrow at 9 a.m.
48.35m (158’7”) - Michael Willingham Jr. – 11th Place
40.00m (131’3”) - Leelan Wikins – 14th Place