MEMPHIS --- Key performances on the track and in the triple jump were the highlight of the day for the Tennessee State men’s track and field team on the second and final day of the Memphis Invitational.
- Isaiah Olige continued his standout senior season by taking second place in the 110m hurdles with a time of 14.75.
- In the triple jump, freshman R’Lazon Brumfield came away with a second-place distance of 15.30m, which is the third best in the Ohio Valley Conference this season. The mark is the second best in Brumfield’s collegiate career and a personal best for the event outdoors. The distance moves him into the top 30 in the NCAA East Region this outdoor season.
- Back on the track, James Faison earned fourth in the 400m thanks to a time of 47.84.
- TSU’s 4x100m relay team took home third place overall with a combined time of 42.28.
- Next up for TSU is the OVC Outdoor Championship set for May 10-12 in Cookeville, Tenn.
Men’s High Jump
1.86m – Christian Williams – 9th Place
Men’s Triple Jump
15.30m – R’Lazon Brumfield – 2nd Place
47.04m –Michael Willingham Jr. – 11th Place
Men’s 4x100m Relay
42.28 – 3rd Place
11.10 – Jordan Thomas – 16th Place
Men’s 110m Hurdles
14.75 – Isaiah Olige – 2nd Place
Men’s 400m Hurdles
58.65 – Christian Williams – 8th Place
47.84 – James Faison – 4th Place
49.38 – Jamario Scott – 12th Place