ATLANTA --- The Tennessee State men’s track and field team followed a solid first day at the Georgia Tech Invitational with a standout performance on Saturday on day two of the competition.
- Senior Isaiah Olige set a new personal record in the 400m hurdles with a time of 52.16 to earn third overall on the day. The time is the best in the Ohio Valley Conference this outdoor season.
- In the triple jump, OVC Freshman of the Year R’Lazon Brumfield finished fourth thanks to a mark of 15.11m (49’7”).
- OVC Indoor Track Athlete of the Year James Faison secured fifth-place finishes in the 200m (21.29) and the 400m (47.55) on Saturday.
- In the 4x100m relay, Faison teamed with David Jones, Jamario Scott and Brumfield for a fourth-place time of 41.29.
- The Flying Tigers will now concentrate on the Memphis Invitational scheduled for April 27-28.
Men’s 4x100m Relay
41.29 – J. Faison, D. Jones, J. Scott, R. Brumfield – 4th Place
Men’s 4x400m Relay
3:20.94 – J. McDowell, C. Givens, T. Mosley, T. Boyd – 6th Place
21.29 – James Faison – 5th Place
47.55 – James Faison – 5th Place
48.88 – Chris Givens – 12th Place
1:54.72 – Thomas Mosley – 15th Place
Men’s 400m Hurdles
52.16 – Isaiah Olige – 3rd Place
Men’s Triple Jump
15.11m (49’7”) – R’Lazon Brumfield – 4th Place
44.47m (145’11”) – Michael Willingham Jr. – 7th Place