2018-19 Men's Tennis Season in Review
- Tennessee State finished the 2018-19 season 5-12 overall, including a 0-6 run in the Ohio Valley Conference, finishing sixth in the league.
- The Tigers went 3-5 at home, 0-6 on the road, three of the matches on neutral ground.
- TSU took on Jacksonville State in the first round of the OVC Tournament hosted at Hadley Park, competing in the tournament after a year hiatus.
- Big Blue introduced a new coaching staff for the 2018 spring season with Dr. Harriet Hamilton serving as the Interim Director of Tennis and former Tiger Kyle Burton as the Interim Assistant Coach.
- Along with a new coaching staff, the Tigers added four newcomers to the roster, two at winter break - Leandros Misdrachis, Juan Carlos Rojas Antezana, Maksims Kazijevs and transfer Alberto Gonzalez Raton.
- The men’s team earned the highest team GPA of men’s small sports this spring with a 3.387.
- Stefan Koruga was named the team’s Most Valuable Player while Larry Sloan was named Most Improved at the annual Athletics Banquet.
- Singles – Leandros Misdrachis: 5-10 overall, 5-10 dual, 0-5 OVC
- Doubles – Stefan Koruga and Leandros Misdrachis: 4-9 overall, 4-9 dual, 1-4 OVC
- Doubles: Individuals – Stefan Koruga and Leandros Misdrachis: 4-9 overall, 4-9 dual, 1-4 OVC