RESULTS: ROUND 2
Event 4: F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate
Hosted by: Austin Peay
Location: Dickson, Tenn.
Course: Greystone Golf Club
Details: Par-72, Yardage – 7,000
Weather at Start of Round 1: 49, Sunny
Weather at Start of Round 2: 66, Sunny
Place After Round 1: 10th of 11 (+24)
Place After Round 2: 10th of 11 (+31)
Top 5 Teams:
DICKSON, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State men’s golf team played the first two rounds of the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate on Monday. The Tigers finished with a 31-over, 607, on day one and is in 10th place heading into the final day of competition.
Kamren James led TSU with a 1-under, 143, which places the freshman in a tie for 16th. James sits seven strokes behind tournament leader Jack Story from UT Martin and one stroke out of a top 10 finish.
Lane Hooper, Landon Albert and Tyler Woods posted scoring rounds for the Tigers. Hooper opened the day with two bogeys and two double bogeys through the first five holes. The freshman settled in and played the final 31 holes at 4-over.
John Stokes missed out on a counting score by one stroke each round. The transfer carded one birdie through the first 18 holes, but bounced back with four over the next 18. Stokes just missed a hole in one during the second round on the par-3, 6th. The sophomore landed 12 inches from the pin from 206 yards to set up a tap in birdie.
Day Two: The final round will take place on Tuesday with a Shotgun Start at 8:30 a.m. CT. The forecast calls for a high of 78.
Landon Albert (79-76=155)
- Played both rounds without recording a birdie
- Secured 13 pars in the first round
- Topped first round amount of pars with 14 in the second round
Kamren James (73-70=143)
- Made two birdies in the first round and three in the second
- Carded 13 pars in the morning session
- Finished with 14 pars in the afternoon
Tyler Woods (79-76=155)
- Tallied 11 pars in each round
- Made one birdie in the morning and two in the afternoon
Lane Hooper (81-73=154)
- Posted three birdies in each round on Monday
- Had six pars in round one
- Improved in round two with 11 pars
John Stokes (82-77=159)
- Finished with 10 pars and one birdie in round one
- Had a team high four birdies in the second round
- Made eight pars in the afternoon
Leaderboard (71 Golfers)
1. Jack Story (UT Martin) 66-70=136, -8
T16. Kamren James 73-70=143, -1
T59. Lane Hooper 81-73=154, +10
T62. Tyler Woods 79-76=155, +11
T62. Landon Albert 79-76=155, +11
68. John Stokes 82-77=159, +15