Event 3: Skyhawk Fall Classic
Hosted by: UT Martin
Location: Buchanan, Tenn.
Course: Paris Landing State Park
Details: Par-72, Yardage – 6,685
Weather at Start of Round 3: 72, Mostly Sunny
Place After Round 3: 11th of 13 (+61)
Top 5 Teams:
BUCHANAN, Tenn. --- Landon Albert entered the final round in a tie for the top spot in the tournament. The transfer fought his swing for the majority of the day and wasn’t able to take advantage of his length off the tee. Albert bogeyed eight out of the first 14 holes to fall out of contention for the individual title.
The senior found a rhythm over the final four holes with three pars and a birdie. Albert dropped 10 spots and placed 11th for the two day event with a 4-over, 220.
Lane Hooper and Kamren James paced the day for the Tigers carding a 74 and a 75, respectively. Hooper found the rough, left of the fairway, leaving 145 yards on the par-4, 18th. The freshman used a pitching wedge to 15 feet of the hole, setting up his lone birdie of the day. James used 14 pars and a birdie to play the final round at 3-over.
Senior Tyler Woods picked up the final scoring round for the Tigers, ahead of freshman Allen Stokes.
The Tigers remained in 11th place to close out the tournament. TSU finished eight strokes behind Eastern Illinois.
Up Next: The Tigers will close out the fall portion of their schedule with the F&M Bank APSU Intercollegiate on Oct. 14. The two day event will be played at the Greystone Golf Club in Dickson, Tenn.
Landon Albert (73-68-79=220)
- Hit seven fairways and found nine greens
- Used 34 putts during the final round
- Made eight pars over the final 18 holes
- Made one birdie on Tuesday
Kamren James (79-72-75=226)
- Tallied 14 pars on the day
- Made one birdie on the final day
- Hit 13-of-14 fairways on the day
- Needed just 28 putts on Tuesday
Tyler Woods (88-80-79=247)
- Secured 11 pars during the final round
- Carded one birdie on Tuesday
Lane Hooper (83-81-74=238)
- Hit 11-of-14 fairways on the final day
- Found 15 greens on Tuesday
- Carded 15 pars, including nine straight on the front nine
- Made one birdie on the day
- Opened the round with six pars followed by a birdie on 18 to go to one under
- Proceeded to finish the front nine at 1-under
Allen Stokes (85-78-85=248)
- Made five pars on Tuesday
- Had one birdie over the final 18 holes
- Played the final eight holes at 3-over
- Found just six greens in round three
Leaderboard (80 Golfers)
T1. Michael Cascino (Butler) 72-69-73=214, -2
T1. Dalton Bagwell (Murray State) 71-71-72=214, -2
T11. Landon Albert 73-68-79=220, +4
T29. Kamren James 79-72-75=226, +10
58. Lane Hooper 83-81-74=238, +22
T71. Tyler Woods 88-80-79=247, +31
T73. Allen Stokes 85-78-85=248, +32