Event 7: Big Blue Intercollegiate
Hosted by: Tennessee State
Location: Nashville, Tenn.
Course: Hermitage Golf Course - President's Reserve
Details: Par-71, Yardage – 7,020
Weather at Start of 3rd Round: Partly Sunny, 64
Scoring: At tsutigers.com after completed rounds
Place After 3rd Round: 6th of 14 (+6)
Top 5 Teams:
- Scotty Hudson shot 2-under on the courses Par-3’s, while Sam Gatlin fired 1-under and Drew Owens shot Even
- Hudson tied four other golfers for the best score on the shorter holes
- Gatlin played the Par-4’s at 1-under
- 1-under was the fourth best results on the 22 holes
- Scotty Hudson carded nine birdies, one ahead of Tyler Woods
- Gatlin led all golfers with 46 pars over the course of the tournament
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --- The Tennessee State men’s golf team shot a 6-over, 290, on the final day of the Big Blue Intercollegiate to place sixth. The BBI was the last time seniors Rosario Falzone, Sam Gatlin, Scotty Hudson and Drew Owens played in their home tournament and the last competition of the season before the Ohio Valley Conference Championship in Muscle Shoals, Ala.
Owens led the Tigers on Tuesday with an Even, 71, to move up eight spots on the final day to finish tied for 32nd at 5-over. Gatlin finished at Even for the event after a 2-over, 73, during the third round. Gatlin grabbed a tie for ninth, giving him his first Top-10 finish since the BBI during his freshman season.
Hudson and Falzone matched Gatlin on the final day with a 73, while Tyler Woods missed out on scoring for the Tigers with a 5-over, 76.
Mikus Ming, playing as an individual, carded a 4-over, 75.
Up Next: The Tigers will compete in the Ohio Valley Conference Championship from Apr. 21-23.
Leaderboard (87 Golfers)
1. Bryce Beeler (I) (Tennessee Tech) 68-69-71=208, -5
T9. Sam Gatlin 69-71-73=213, E
T32. Drew Owens 70-77-71=218, +5
T34. Tyler Woods 75-68-76=219, +6
T41. Scotty Hudson 78-70-73=221, +8
T61. Mikus Ming (I) 76-76-75=227, +14
T65. Rosario Falzone 81-75-73=229, +16