Event 9: Ohio Valley Conference Championship
Hosted by: Ohio Valley Conference
Location: Muscle Shoals, Ala.
Course: Robert Trent Jones at the Shoals - Fighting Joe
Details: Par-72, Yardage – 7,258
Weather at Start of Round 3: Sunny, 62
Weather at the End of the Round: Sunny, 76
Place After First Round: 9th of 11 (+40)
Top 5 Teams:
MUSCLE SHOALS, Ala. --- The Tennessee State men’s golf team closed out the 2017-18 season with a ninth place finish at the Ohio Valley Conference Championship. The Tigers carded a 12-over, 300, on Wednesday to finish the three-day event with a 40-over, 904.
Jacksonville State matched the Tigers on the final day with a team 12-over on the final day. The Gamecocks claimed the team title with a combined 11-over, 375.
The individual title went to Nick Wilkins of Morehead State who defeated Jack Uselton of Belmont in a three hole playoff. Wilkins and Uselton finished play with an Even, 216, to force a playoff.
John Tyminski placed 21st with an 8-over, 224, just ahead of Jermey Fultz who shot Even on the final day to conclude the championship at 9-over, 225. Drew Owens and Rosario Falzone scored for the Tigers on day three matching Tyminski with a 76. Scotty Hudson missed out on scoring on the final day with a 78.
Inside the Numbers
- Tennessee State sank 11 birdies on day three.
- TSU recorded the second highest amount of birdies (37) of the championships.
- John Tyminski tied for the most birdies secured for the three days with 10.
- Scotty Hudson finished with nine birdies, second highest amount.
Up Next: The Tigers concluded play for the 2017-18 season.
Leaderboard (55 Golfers)
1. *Nick Wilkins (Morehead State) 69-76-71=216, E
2. Jack Uselton (Belmont) 72-75-69=216, E
T21. John Tyminski 72-76-76=224, +8
T24. Jermey Fultz 78-75-72=225, +9
43. Drew Owens 73-83-76=232, +16
44. Scotty Hudson 76-79-78=233, +17
T45. Rosario Falzone 83-75-76=234, +18
* Won in a 3-Hole Playoff