PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. --- Jermey Fultz fired the third best score of the day with an Even, 72, which helped the senior climb five spots in the standings and is tied for fifth at 4-over at the 31st PGA Minority Collegiate Championships. Fultz is three strokes out of the top spot with one round to play. Sam Sloman of Bethune-Cookman holds part of the lead for the second consecutive day and is tied with his teammate Christian Hovstadius who shot a 1-over, 73, on Saturday.
As a team, the Tigers combined for a 24-over, 312, on the second day of the three day event and are tied for fifth at 43-over (307-312=619). TSU is tied with Savannah State and is three strokes behind Florida A&M for third place. Bethune-Cookman leads all teams at 7-over (288-295=583).
Fultz notched four birdies on the day to shoot Even, including a birdie on the par-4, 8th, after a sand shot found the green side bunker. Drew Owens produced a 6-over, 78, to score for the Tigers along with Todd McGill and Rosario Falzone who each registered 9-over, 81’s.
Kody Rendleman shot a non-scoring 84 for TSU on Saturday.
Fultz will lead the Tigers out for the final round with an 8:15 a.m. ET tee time. Owens follows at 8:24 a.m. ahead of McGill at 8:33 a.m., Rendleman at 8:42 a.m. and Falzone at 8:51 a.m.
Day 2 Standings
1. Bethune-Cookman 288-295=583 +7
2. Incarnate Word 302-299=601 +25
3. Florida A&M 306-310=616 +40
4. North Carolina Central 313-305=618 +42
5. Savannah State 304-315=619 +43
5. Tennessee State 307-312=619 +43
6. Hampton 318-341=659 +83
7. Maryland-Eastern Shore 323-339=662 +86
8. Chicago State 326-343=669 +93
Leaderboard (43 Golfers)
5. Jermey Fultz 76-72=148 +4
18. Drew Owens 77-78=155 +11
23. Todd McGill 76-81=157 +13
30. Kody Rendleman 78-84=162 +18
31. Rosario Falzone 83-81=164 +20