NASHVILLE --- Tennessee State Director of Track and Field Chandra Cheeseborough-Guice unveiled the schedule for the upcoming cross country season.
- This year’s schedule includes four meets leading up to the Ohio Valley Conference Championship scheduled for Nov. 2 in Edwardsville, Illinois.
- For the second year, the Flying Tigers and Tigerbelles will open the season at the Belmont Opener, Aug. 30.
- The following two meets will take place in nearby Tennessee towns, the first being UTC Twilight (Sept. 13) in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and the second hosted by OVC member, Austin Peay Cross Country Festival (Sept. 21).
- TSU’s men’s and women’s team both placed 12th at last year’s OVC Cross Country Championships.
- The Flying Tigers and Tigerbelles return full rosters of veterans, including Thomas Mosley and Marcus Abdul on the men’s side and Rebekah Wynn and Zion White on the women’s side.
- Two newcomers join the squads, freshmen Tori Roberts and Jaedon Jones.
2019 TENNESSEE STATE CROSS COUNTRY SCHEDULE
8/30 – Belmont Opener – Nashville, Tenn.
9/13 – UTC Twilight – Chattanooga, Tenn.
9/21 – Austin Peay Cross Country Festival – Clarksville, Tenn.
10/12 – Fast Cats Classic – Owensboro, Ky.
11/2 – Ohio Valley Conference Championship – Edwardsville, Ill.