LOUISVILLE SPORTS COMMISSION CROSS COUNTRY CLASSIC
Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017
E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park | Louisville, Ky.
MEN (8K): 12 p.m. | WOMEN (5K): 12:45 p.m.
STARTING LINE: The Tennessee State cross country squads wrap up September action on Saturday, Sept. 30 with the Louisville Sports Commission Cross Country Classic at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park. TSU will compete in the Silver Race with the men’s 8K beginning at noon and the women’s 5K getting underway at 12:45 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
- Freshman standout Rebekah Wynn secured 18th place in the 5K with a time of 19:58.3 at the Austin Peay Cross Country Festival on Saturday.
- The Tigerbelles picked up a seventh place finish on the day.
- TSU earned seventh on the men’s side at the Austin Peay Cross Country Festival.
- Freshmen Larry McNary and Marcus Abdul led the way with 31st and 37th place finishes, respectively.
TOP TIMES THIS SEASON
- Women’s 5K
- 19:58.3 – Rebekah Wynn – Austin Peay Cross Country Festival (9/23)
- 20:35.1 – Kayla Pryor - Austin Peay Cross Country Festival (9/23)
- 20:59.3 – Christian Pryor - Austin Peay Cross Country Festival (9/23)
- Men’s 6K
- 23:27.9 – Marcus Abdul – Golden Eagle Invitational (9/2)
- Men’s 4 Mile
- 20:38.3 – Larry McNary – Austin Peay Cross Country Festival (9/23)
- Men’s 8K
- 29:46.0 - Larry McNary – Asics Embry-Riddle Classic (9/16)
AT LAST YEAR’S EVENT
- The men’s team took 40th in the Blue Race at last year’s Louisville Sports Commission Cross Country Classic.
- Quamel Prince was TSU’s top finisher in the 8K in 26:46.73 for 86th place.
- Kenyana Hampton took 75th place in 19:33.25 in the 5K to pace the Tigerbelles to 75th place in the Blue Race in last year’s event.
UP NEXT: TSU travels to Charleston, Ill. for the Ohio Valley Conference Championship on Oct. 28.