AUSTIN PEAY CROSS COUNTRY FESTIVAL
Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017
Liberty Park | Clarksville, Tenn.
MEN (4 MILE): 9 a.m. | WOMEN (5K): 9:45 a.m.
STARTING LINE: Wrapping up the September schedule, the Tennessee State men’s and women’s cross country teams will make the short trip to Clarksville, Tenn. for the Austin Peay Cross Country Festival on Saturday, Sept. 23. This will be the third event of the season for TSU with the men competing in a four-mile run and the women taking part in the 5K.
LAST TIME OUT
- Competing in the Asics Embry-Riddle Classic on Sept. 16 in Daytona Beach, Fla., TSU's women’s team earned sixth place, while the Flying Tigers secured seventh place.
- Freshman Larry McNary led the men’s team in the 8K with a time of 29:46.0 to take 31st place.
- Fellow freshman Marcus Abdul was TSU’s second finisher in 29:55.8 for 35th overall in the 8K.
- For the second meet in a row, freshman Tigerbelle Rebekah Wynn was the top finisher for the women's team.
- Wynn’s 5K time of 22:14.72 was good enough for 32nd overall.
AT LAST YEAR’S EVENT
- Then-senior Quamel Prince made history by becoming the first TSU men’s cross country runner to earn Ohio Valley Conference Male Cross Country Runner of the Week for his performance at last year’s Austin Peay Cross Country Festival.
- Prince earned 13th with a time of 22:32 in the four-mile race to help TSU’s men’s team take ninth place.
- The Tigerbelles picked up an eighth place finish in last year’s event.
- Sisters Christian and Kayla Pryor posted the team’s top 5K times in 21:49 and 21:54, respectively.
UP NEXT: TSU will compete in the Louisville Sports Commission Cross Country Classic on Sept. 30.